The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RAF Marham Trackday

heckler

Ok,

Dispite no one coming to the last 3 RAF Marham Trackdays, I have been asked by several members if I have details of the next one.

At the moment all I know is that the next RAF Marham Trackday will be late April/Early May. So if anyone is interested, please put your names in this thread so I can get a rough Idea of numbers.

I will update this thread with relevent information as soon as I find out.

• 2 weeks later...

Ladies and Gents - Hot off the press, well email actually...

"We at RAF Marham are holding the next Charity Track Weekend on the 9th and 10th of April. You and all of your members are invited to attend our event.

We on the track day team have listen very carefully to all of your suggestions over the years and we are pleased to announce a number of improvements to our event.

The first change is the new Marham Track Days Website. This website will have all the usual facilities for booking and paying (PayPal) for entry. PLEASE DO NOT SEND CHEQUES ANYMORE. The website will also contain all driving information, maps, photos of past events and FAQs. No need for moderators to collect details anymore. We will take all the info we need from our website.

Once a member has entered their details and payment they will have access to a secure area within the site which will give details of timings, maps, FAQs and driver rules etc etc.

The Second change is to the format of the day. For the first time in our 6 year history we will be changing the track direction half way through the day (lunch break). This means that you get 2 TRACKS FOR THE PRICE OF ONE!! This should help out with tyre, suspension and break wear too :)

Prices are unchanged for 2011 at £60 per car and first driver. £10 for each additional person MAX OF 4 People in any vehicle. If you book the whole weekend your passengers come free on the second day :)

E.g. Car + Driver = £60

+3 passengers = Total = £90 for one day

If coming for two days

Car + Driver = £120

+3 passengers = Total = £150 for the whole weekend saving £30 :)

We have 180 car places per day, 360 places in total."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the moment, I ask you all to "STANDBY" for the Website to go "Live" which should be within the next week or so. As far as I am aware, its first come, first served.

I think I maybe able to make this one!

• 2 weeks later...

Right the RAF Marham Trackday Website is due to go live mid next week dispite what it says.

http://www.marhamtrackday.co.uk/

A quick note from the organiser...

Once people have paid they will have access to the members pages.. THESE PAGES MUST NOT BE COPIED AND/OR REPRODUCED AND/OR MADE PUBLIC IN ANY FORM! Anyone caught copying and pasting on to forums etc etc will be banned from the event for life!"

• 2 weeks later...

a message from the organiser...

--------------------------------

All

It has come to the attention of the team that the new website makes no provision for attendees to bring support vehicles onto the unit for the event without registering them and having to pay £60 for a vehicle that is not going out on track.

By “support vehicle” we are talking about cars/vans being used to carry fuel spares tyres etc when the car used on track is not being towed in on a trailer.

We obviously understand that this is not an ideal situation, therefore, should you wish to bring a support vehicle to the event, please contact the team at

[email protected]

And we will be able to assess the requirement on a case by case basis and if the we are satisfied that there is a genuine need for the vehicle, register the car separately so you can bring it onto camp without having to pay for it.

There are some conditions to be met first though.

Please ensure that

1. Anyone coming to the event in the support vehicle must be already registered and paid as a driver/passenger

2. The car(s) that the vehicle is there to support must already be booked on and paid for, prior to us registering the support vehicle.

3. Under NO circumstances is the support vehicle to go on to the track. In the event of a breakdown, vehicles will be recovered by the RAF Marham track day team.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok chaps, I'm sure you have been seeing what's happening in the news...

So... A message from the organiser...

All.

It is with great regret that I have to inform you that we have had to postpone the track weekend planned for 9/10 April. This is due to operational reasons. I have no doubt that you will all have seen the news recently and RAF Marham in the spotlight. We are as gutted as you all are about this, these events are the highlight of our year and it is our pleasure to host you.

We will return bigger and better in late summer (date TBC) and we are looking at new ways to evolve the event and make it even more enjoyable for you.

We will over the next few days be refunding all of the money (some £10,500) that has been paid in so far. This needs to be done on an individual basis so will take a little time, rest assured though, you will all get your money back!

I can only apologise on behalf of the entire team here, sadly some things are simply out of our control.

I will update you with regards to the event in late summer as soon as I have any further information.

Regards

RAF Marham Track Day Team

Why not try an move it to wittering, I have been given the thumbs up to hold a track day here, pm me if this an option you maybe interested in.

Chris

Because the organisers are based at marham, and it's an established event with support all set on place