The mkiv Supra Owners Club

GTR R35 Upgrade Costs?

SupraAyf

andrew,

R35 GTR ..

anything above 650bhp then you really need to be looking at forging engine imo,.this is not cheap and am afraid as you also need to consider box mods too.

engine forging starts from around £8000 plus for the basic stuff.

serious engines from £15000 plus

headwork £3500 plus

clutches and gear £5000 plus

turbo systems with own manifolds £5000 plus

intercoolers £2000 plus

you will also need all of the below mods to go with above., and all costs above is just from the starting prices for stuff and you need labour too.

below 650bhp.

fully decat pipes £800-£1000, cobb ecu £800- 1000 with a map, injectors £500- £700 , bigger intakes £450- £600 ,exhaust system £1500 - £5000..

these are costs for the parts, then you need labour. around £1000-£1500 the going rate i guess for all above.

thats pretty much it.

andrew,

R35 GTR ..below 650bhp.

fully decat pipes £800-£1000, cobb ecu £800- 1000 with a map, injectors £500- £700 , bigger intakes £450- £600 ,exhaust system £1500 - £5000..

these are costs for the parts, then you need labour. around £1000-£1500 the going rate i guess for all above.

thats pretty much it.

Thanks Jurgen, that's what I was after - is there any secondhand stuff like what can be obtained for a Supra?:innocent: i.e, to BPU a Supra on paper would be costsly but it's failry cheap if you buy from the right source

Are you going for a GTR?

I had a sit in Jurgen's GTR a while back when it was only BPU (I think) and it blew me away - loved it. Not sure if I will get one or not so I'm just checking costs.