The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What annoys you?

Morpheus

I had my first and only speeding ticket in 17 years for doing 38mph on a local Industrial Estate main road about six weeks ago which will mean attending a 'course' to avoid 3 points and requires me taking a day off work and driving atleast two totally pointless twenty mile+ journeys during which I might potentially exceed the speed limit again.

Then, out of the blue, I had a letter today from Transport For London asking for another £60 for parking in a red zone on the 11th in my Smart Fortwo, when it's been sitting outside the garage under a SORN declaration since August! :blink:

There's a CCTV photo on the letter and fortunately it's a typo' and no-one has copied my plate, since the pictured Smart car VRM is *284 *** and my plate is *248 ***. I thought this would be fully automated but somehow a mistake happened so atleast it means that humans are still in the loop somewhere, huh? Phew!

Maybe they can even be reasoned with? I know it's a long-shot these days..... :D

(Update, no, they can't.)

What annoys YOU and/or makes you wonder if you're on the right Planet?

Heavily edited for brevity. See above/below for full diatribe.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's official - Big Brother is on my case folks!! :taped:

I had my first and only speeding ticket in 17 years for doing 38mph on a local Industrial Estate main road about six weeks ago which will mean attending a 'course' to avoid 3 points and requires me taking a day off work and driving atleast two totally pointless twenty mile+ journeys during which I might potentially exceed the speed limit again. Let's hope I'm not running late and it's been snowing heavily then...... as presumably I'll be held in contempt if I'm late! :D

Then, out of the blue, I had a letter today from Transport For London asking for another £60 for parking in a red zone on the 11th in my Smart Fortwo, when it's been sitting outside the garage under a SORN declaration since August! :blink:

There's a CCTV photo on the letter and fortunately it's a typo' and no-one has copied my plate, since the pictured Smart car VRM is *284 *** and my plate is *248 ***. I thought this would be fully automated but somehow a mistake happened so atleast it means that humans are still in the loop somewhere, huh? Phew!

Maybe they can even be reasoned with? I know it's a long-shot these days..... :D

If this can happen with parking fines, imagine the problems with I.D. cards. Yeah, I know what he said he wouldn't do; they obviously have something bigger than 7/7 planned and will probably move straight to the Verichip next time; they've been doing it for years in dogs and humans anyway and you won't be able to lose it on the beach! How cool is that?!! Yey!! Where do I sign up? :trampoline:

I digress. Obviously I'll be ok here but after I correct the details, the real owner will be fined and they don't even know it yet...... I mean, what if they're pregnant and just split up with her boyfriend, lost her job and has turned to drugs and prostitution to make ends meet? (So to speak!). I feel terrible! :(

Smart owners are the most unlikely criminals and we even wave to eachother 'cos we're so friendly, so I can't imagine the owner being a habitual offender, except for driving too slowly perhaps but it's that damned gearbox I tell you!

Anyway, I won't reply until after Christmas incase it ruins the owner's holiday. Either way, it isn't nice to get these fines when you pay so much tax and it gets spent on unnecessary (and in this case, faulty) surveillance and sundry 'traffic calming measures' instead of keeping A&E departments open. I wonder which would save more lives and/or be of more overall benefit to 'Big Society'? That has to be a joke David, right? How dumbed down and stupid do you think we are? :rolleyes:

Ironic that ambulances have to travel further and slow down more because of insanely dangerous and often unexpected width restrictions and road bumps - great for spinal injuries those! - which motorbikes can usually ignore anyway if they're not full road width and are by far the most lawless and dangerous road users, especially younger moped riders who should be knocked off as soon as possible for their own safety, before they get anything faster!

God only knows how many pedestrians will be injured now that they've allowed bikers to use bus lanes in London, (note, as a time limited experiment, i.e. to see how many people are injured and what the public reaction will be). They even have ads on the radio telling us to "Look out for bikers" as it's so dangerous. I wouldn't mind if you could rely on the bikers to ride slowly and with extreme caution but that defeats the object. Atleast they'll be safer, if they can avoid ploughing into someone crossing the road.

Perhaps I'm biased since one of them hit me on a Zebra crossing when I was ten and gave me a compound fracture of my left Humerus, concussion and a fractured left knee. I've suffered from whiplash and back problems ever since. That's on top of being born with Scoliosis. Apparently they contemplated amputation because of the nerve damage too so I could easily be sitting here with one arm. After 32 years, it still hurts like hell when I press the scar.

If there's anything left that I haven't covered, what annoys you, (apart from me; I mean, that's a given! :rlol:) ?

Crikey, what a ramble.

One question; what does the thread title mean?

I have always thought that there was something dodgy about the people who drive around in those funny plastic cars, with smug smiles on there faces, you would think its because they pay next to nothing road tax, and can park in really small places like motorcycle bays, but i think its cos there really crims and drug dealers:p

As for the anti biker thing, yeah! i would be inclined to say your just a little biased:innocent:

If you've managed to get through that whole thing, well done. I did, I found it really dull. But thanks for wasting my time. ;)

You should know better by now...... and so should I. ;)

Here you go Charlotte. This is definitely worth your precious time. If it gets me banned for sarcasm and going off topic in an off topic thread, it's doing me a favour, frankly. Then I won't waste any more of my time as it annoys me too when people don't read posts properly.

ijro9hwkkbo

Hmmm.....correct me if I am wrong but is that essay complaining about mistakenly being issued a parking fine?

Among other things, of course!

You're about to tell me how pointless it was and to get a life, thus answering my original question.

How's the wiring loom by the way?

Among other things, of course!

You're about to tell me how pointless it was and to get a life, thus answering my original question.

How's the wiring loom by the way?

Nah, I re-read it twice but still can't really understand what's going on hence why I ask... Life's not been too great for me too mate so hang in there. I would be a bit bias and say sucks more tho :p

Mondeo loom is sorted mate :) My mate's dad is a brilliant sparky. Lesson learnt! Do NOT poke around with a long thin screwdriver when its dark and freezing. (As a bonus - if anyone cares - I've discovered two other minor faults which I've managed to get the dealer to repair for free!). However, that's about the best news I have been having for weeks...

you didnt get points and you dont have a parking ticket... chill out. sounds like a good thing rather than something to have a rant about :p

Of course. I have yet to return the letter asking to be considered for the course and have yet to reply to the parking fine though. Regardless of the outcome, it's a worry I don't need and that shouldn't have happened.

Nah, I re-read it twice but still can't really understand what's going on hence why I ask... Life's not been too great for me too mate so hang in there. I would be a bit bias and say sucks more tho :p

Mondeo loom is sorted mate :) My mate's dad is a brilliant sparky. Lesson learnt! Do NOT poke around with a long thin screwdriver when its dark and freezing. (As a bonus - if anyone cares - I've discovered two other minor faults which I've managed to get the dealer to repair for free!). However, that's about the best news I have been having for weeks...

Why? What happened?

Also, to fuel your fire - I visted a service station twice in one day and got a parking fine from 10:00 (my first visit) till 20:00 (my second visit) because I was parked there over the 2 hour limit.

Reality was that I was speeding around all over north wales being chased by an undercover blue octavia :D

Also, to fuel your fire - I visted a service station twice in one day and got a parking fine from 10:00 (my first visit) till 20:00 (my second visit) because I was parked there over the 2 hour limit.

Reality was that I was speeding around all over north wales being chased by an undercover blue octavia :D

Not sure who has the worst concussion!? :D

Why were you being chased?

Not sure who has the worst concussion!? :D

Why were you being chased?

If you have permanent concussion and as a result believe in lizards, ive heard you cant distinguish between shades of the same colour?

I have attached a picture for your perusal.

(We got chased because we were speeding, allegedly)

If you have permanent concussion and as a result believe in lizards, ive heard you cant distinguish between shades of the same colour?

I have attached a picture for your perusal.

(We got chased because we were speeding, allegedly)

The 'squared' marked A & B? Nope, both different as night and day. You seem obsessed by Lizards too. Now can anyone actually read here? Never mind me, what annoys YOU?

Now can anyone actually read here? Never mind me, what annoys YOU?

It seems like we have found out what annoys you.. ;)

Without "feeding the trolls" as it were, as I know you arent a troll per se, I would have to admit that it does annoy me when people cannot spell my name when I have already written it correctly in my previous email.

Also, when chinese people call me "Mr Brendan" instead of using my surname.