The mkiv Supra Owners Club

needs paint work sorted!!

Crouch

The question comes to mind as to HOW high are you thinking. Will your setup be able to take advantage of the high revs or are you doing it because you just want to?

i was thinkin about 8000rpm i'm getting some stuff prepped for the build first so it's plans are still changable! i've noticed that at the moment i'm sure it revs to 7500-7800rpm and the last 200rpm or so is where it pulls the hardest, seems the power is still comin up when the last shift light comes on to say i should of changed gear a light ago! (theres three shift lights). the turbo was discused with Paul at whifbitz as a new version of a borg warner unit don't know which one though.

Mr jagman the size of the band of power is not a problem really as this is just all being done not for any perticular motorsport event. what spec i have is apparently unknown exactly or atleast some what hazey. all i can say for what i wish for is well same as most i suppose a 1000hp bike killer but these are wishes for a reason it won't happen! i was thinkin that if i had a good built head and a stroker kit with main caps then i would get more torque low down and scary power high up and of course the big rpm capability's thats all! even if i have to push e85 to get the 900hp! would be about 800rwhp instead of fly power. always went for an over build before thought the same way here. i'll speak to some more tuners while i do the prep work see what comes about.

piston ring speed is an important limit for any engine , at 8000 rpm you are exceeding 4500 feet per min , add a stroker and you go higher (stock is around 3900 fpm) you are getting close to F1 type speeds(5000?) ,hope you have the money , bike killer can easy turn into engine killer .

Adding power to the high piston speeds now can increase rod loadings like you cant believe , the size of the power band is a major deal ,chase revs and empty wallet .......

can someone check my maths on the speeds

can someone check my maths on the speeds

No need Mr jagman if you say so i believe you! :thumbs:

i was just thinking that the extra capacity will give more outright torque, the stroker components are balanced well and off course some of the kits like srd's are rated over 1000hp so asking those revs and that power would only stressing them a about 4/5ths of there potential!

Mr jagman you clearly know a lot about the subject and are well respected within the forum can i ask you this as part of my research! you know the rough spec of my car you know that i'm after any where from 800-900hp (fly wheel) using race fuel if need be! how would you go about it??? i have 13,000 pound so far and the clutch and hypertune plenum are not from this fund so what do you recomend! i am willing to save more to get it done right but for now thats it! your help would be greatly appreciated! :please:

Sounds to me that you are down on power ,as someone has mentioned , so get the car checked by one of the tuners on here ,it could be that a simple pipe has come off or split ,

900bhp is an immense amount of power and very few get that high ,and very few get to drive a car that is that high , and its more about number chasing than any practical use (bar racing) , Stroker kits come with no warranty ,and for good reason ,they are for the top end budgets and have unknown longevity , and test data , but for those who race the gains outweigh the risk and cost .

Part of high power projects is the reasearch and learning , what different things do and why they are fitted , what works and whats myth , its this part that makes it a hobby and like any other hobby the longer you spend doing it ,the more you learn.

You have a clutch to replace , get the car inspected at the same time and see exactly what you have and that it is all working as it should be - then read as much as you can and talk to the various tuners and get their input and an idea of cost and what can go wrong and what you have that is ok now

Inspection first then decide what fits your needs

In responce to your original question, Checkpoint in arbroath gave me a number for a bodyshop in Kirriemuir, guy called Phil Christie. Not cheap but very good apparently, I've used him though.

Think its this place - http://www.buyyourcar.co.uk/directory/garages---car-repair-and-servicing/region/scotland/angus/kirriemuir/contact/philip-christie-autotech_148563

I'll PM you his mobile number...

Thanks for the link and number mustang! will call them soon and get some info but i won't be able to get anything specific because he will need to see the car to discover the full scope of work needed!

Mr jagman i will see what happens when the clutch is fitted but the catch is that i'm doing the clutch! i work as a diesel fitter so not a complete plum with a spanner! This is a problem as some of the parts will need someone knowledgable about tuned component recognition! don't suppose every little part will have a brand stamp and part number.