The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HID kits - more than just for looks?

jonathanc

Does it have to be A4? I have some A3 here, but will cut it down if necessary.

I just can't wait to try it. :D

No no, any sheet will do. I'm not surprised you're excited, if I were in your shoes I might well have taken a half day :D

Remember to recycle the paper once you are finished with it though :)

One of the best mods you can do. And Scott I think some people do it for looks as it can freshen up and modernise the look of the car.

Those people usually go for the ice white HID lookylikey bulbs like my mate did. Saying that, he was gutted that they didn't work like the HID's lol. Not really sure what he expected when he got change from a tenner. :D

yeah I have that ..... :D

oh and are those rings for show ;)

The rings on my car? If so they are my sidelights.

Meh..just popped outside to have a look at the assembly and it has a special sealed cup enclosing the H1 projector bulb housing. I see no easy way of running the wires through without drilling the cups... Only other option is too totally forget about the cup but water will definitely get in contact with the bulb holder which I don't think is too good :p

I guess I would have to resort to xenon bulbs.

I'm not sure that will make a difference. All you do with the HID kits is replace the bulb, and then plug the ballast section between the existing connectors. You shouldn't have to mod anything. Changes will be inside, and outside the housing, not through it...