The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What a nightmare week!

wallis

There's nothing wrong with hybrids mate. They are stronger, so will hold bpu levels easier than the stockers. Though, yes they spool later, it's one of the trade offs.

I've got hybrids dude, providing the turbos are in good enough nick before the refurb, they'll come out great.

Mate i think im starting to go mad, im not sure what to do now?

The cost of getting my turbos rebuilt is probably 10 times the cost of getting second hand ones and most people i have spoke to on the phone bar a few have said dont get hybrids i will regret it!

The fact that after a whole week of searching i havnt found any second hand ones im now worried the cars going to take ages to get back if i dont go down the hybrid route.

Twin turbos seem to go like rocking horse shit....well good ones.

I just want my car back now this is really doing my head in and by the look of things my wallet as well now....lol

I've been there mate, in the exact position you are in. People tell you "oh, hybrids don't last very long". BS, there are plenty of people that have had hybrids running now, and have had them running for a good few years. People tell you "there's not enough improvement over stock to justify hybrids". Well what if it's not improvement so much that you want, what if it's to repair a problem, like leaky seals?. "I'd get a new set of stock turbos", really?!?!, 2 grand last time I looked, which is considerably more than hybrids, with no performance gain, and ceramic blades again.

People on here who hate hybrids, are going on what they've read, and have made up there own opinions on them. They don't seem to understand that new turbos are way too expensive, the single turbo route even more so. And second hand stock turbos are a big unknown.