The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Nightmare Continues.....but at least Im having fun lol

Suprash

Surely the stops are in the rack, its getting to the end of the pinion??

Also, as dude said, 11 stone my arse.. even 10 1/2 is bull, you, pencil boy, cannot possibly weigh more than me.. and be shorter!

You got the box off then? was it the way we talked about on the phone?

Dude, why the hell are you talking about my weight again lol, I'm 10.5 stone, have been for the last 13 years lol, I carry my weight in areas you won't get it to see :D Ask Cassie, she can confirm where I keep most of my body weight lol ;)

Well I got the gearbox back on today. Can someone tell me if Im doing things the hard way, because to get the gearbox seperated, I undone all the bellhousing bolts, but it still wouldnt seperate until I undone all the clutch cover bolts that hold it to the flywheel ? Every other mechanic I have spoken to seems to think this is some un-usual setup to most gearboxes ?

Just gotta swap the sumps, connect up the turbo oil lines and then its back in, Im now a good day over shedule :(

You have to do that on the 6speed too ash, it's because you have to fit it with the clutch plate and cover inside the box, you the mate up the bell housings and bolt the cover to the flywheel.. I think it's done like this cox the 6speed is too big to fit inside the trans tunnel with the clutch built on the flywheel first

So not that uncommon :)

That is some impressive lock, if I get time i want to do something with mine before supra pod, but have a few other more critical things ist as it only drove for the 1st ime last night.

Where did you get the lock spacers?

I made them :D Even I surprised myself....The ball joint on the end of the rack had about 13.85mm diameter thread, so 14mm tubing, 5mm long on either side. Remember to use lockthread on them too ;)