The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What is my engine worth with nearly new turbos?

jackso11

blimey that labour rate is high

Yeah it was high! Lucky it was previous owner and not me :D

Looking through the receipts last night my car has had a lot of new OEM stuff, radiator and fan, turbos, coil packs, few other small bits.

I reckon she was ripped off with a few things. Prices seem ok apart from labour, but I don't think some of them needed replacing.

e.g. Cambelt replace, then 2 yers later (15k miles later..) it was replaced again!

Thats a lot of labour for a not needed part.

I reckon the just billed by the hour and had never worked on a supra before so things took longer.

Having had a 60,000km (supposedly) engine fail on me, I don't take any meaning from the figures. Taking out a known good engine with relatively new turbos (which are very expensive and likely to last for a long time) and replacing it with an unknown engine and unknown turbos seems like absolute lunacy.

I have to agree with this, to change a known good engine, with an unknown seems daft.

I would get a compression test and a leak down test done on the current engine at least so you know what condition its in.

Right, thanks, enough of you have PM'ed me about how dumb I would be to change my good engine with new turbos for an andgine from Japan that we don't know anything about.

So I am not selling and not buying the new one.

Thanks for all the advise!