The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pics of red-lit dashboard

Attero

Is there a thread on how to do this? i really really want to do this to help pass time ;)

or is it to simple to do there's no need for a thread lol

Not sure about a thread on how to do this but should be pretty simple. If not heckler on here does different coloured speedo clusters and facias as far as I know :)

erm erm, i just got all my dash off, taken the green condoms off, yet im still faced with some green lights :( after taking even more various parts apart, im now faced with green LED's :(

i just wanted white lights now igot green and white :( so i guess i gotta do the whole led conversion then.

If its not it is most likely a dry solder joint i would imagine.

Yeah? I'll have a gander next time i have the dash out...for the 3rd time in 2 weeks it was off earlier today..but i forget to look at that dial every time lol

Cheers bud

Cheers marbleapple. Did you like the red?

I liked red yes. It wasn't bright like white and had a more menacing look.

Heckler did mine. He solders LEDs on so they are much brighter than bulbs (I believe). It was simply a matter of swapping the dial clusters with the ones he provided, it is plug and play.

I removed the green filters off of the bulbs and replaced them with red ones. Can buy them from ebay. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230471232844#ht_873wt_1139

Also get enough small ones to do the bulbs on the climate control too.

Did you ever change the LED clock? what about the warning lights? Heckler did them all for me. Did you find a way round this?

Edited by marbleapple (see edit history)

On a similar note I'm happy with the default green, but I'd like to change the colour of my boost and ext gauges to better match.... Any idea on how they come apart and where I could get a filter screen?

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/9906/p9050001dx3.jpg