The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA 2jz GE to TT 2jz GTE swap reliability

Supra Gaz

Keron got back to me today with some quotes and general info on the service he provides. It sounds like he does a pretty good all round job so i'm offically looking for a low mileage decent NA manual now. Pref with some TT upgrades i can keep. Think i'm going to go straight to BPU also.

I am soooo jealous, Good luck with it mate and loads of pictures when done

I use the 'it was only £40 method too', I told her I managed to get a set of recaros and get them trimmed in leather for £200, she isn't stupid, she knows I'm bending the truth, she just doesn't care (yay!).

Set of trimmed Recaro's for £200....my mrs would probably for for that haha.

I am soooo jealous, Good luck with it mate and loads of pictures when done

I use the 'it was only £40 method too', I told her I managed to get a set of recaros and get them trimmed in leather for £200, she isn't stupid, she knows I'm bending the truth, she just doesn't care (yay!).

Thanks mate.

Haven't tol dmy missus about my conversion yet. I've told her it's going to my mate's garage for a service and a few tuner parts. ;)

Thanks mate.

Haven't tol dmy missus about my conversion yet. I've told her it's going to my mate's garage for a service and a few tuner parts. ;)

Nice :thumbs:

What she doesnt know can't hurt her ! She'll thank you in the long run once she's been in it. I've had a couple of offers on some nice NA 5 speeds already, they'res a silver one just come on PH aswell for £4695, its a bit on the chavvy side but its got a couple of bits i want on it so could end up saving me money in the long run.

Nice :thumbs:

What she doesnt know can't hurt her ! She'll thank you in the long run once she's been in it. I've had a couple of offers on some nice NA 5 speeds already, they'res a silver one just come on PH aswell for £4695, its a bit on the chavvy side but its got a couple of bits i want on it so could end up saving me money in the long run.

I'd try to avoid the chavvy ones mate. Unless, it's had a lot of expensive bits fitted that outweigh the chavvy bits that is. ;)

Have you got a link?

I'd try to avoid the chavvy ones mate. Unless, it's had a lot of expensive bits fitted that outweigh the chavvy bits that is. ;)

Have you got a link?

Lol trust me i normally do but it isnt too bad so i think with a colour change it could look pretty decent. Its got some fairly good mods on also. I want the Do-luck front bumper and a CF bonet but i dont like CF with the stock silver. I'd prob change the rear spoiler for a half Carbon TRD and have the car resprayed. Links below

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1770971.htm

Mileage is also a worry.

Looks quite good mate. :D

Kit looks good as it is. Just need some top secret spats to finish it off (i've got a spare set that i bought recently which i don't think i need any more ;). They're the same colour too if you decde not to respray it. ).

Also not sure about the dials in the glovebox. But apart from that it looks quite good.

I wouldn't worry about the mileage too much if you're going to go na-tt. Just get a low mileage tt lump. :D

Looks quite good mate. :D

Kit looks good as it is. Just need some top secret spats to finish it off (i've got a spare set that i bought recently which i don't think i need any more ;). They're the same colour too if you decde not to respray it. ).

Also not sure about the dials in the glovebox. But apart from that it looks quite good.

I wouldn't worry about the mileage too much if you're going to go na-tt. Just get a low mileage tt lump. :D

Yeah, it was more concern for the gearbox than the engine tbh seeing as they're gold dust at the minute and bloody expensive to boot. Don't suppose you know what sort of power these W58 5 speeds will handle do you? I've heard about 450 but i'm not 100%. As long as its comfortably good for BPU then i'm not worried. I've emailed them asking if they do PX, i have a perfectly good Evo IV sitting on the drive that i wont use anymore if i get the conversion done so i'll see if i can kill 2 birds with 1 stone so to spk. If i got it i'd definately be interested in the spats at a good price. If i decide to spray it, it'll probably be later in the year or poss start of next, i really like the midnight blue/purple against the CF bonnet and spoilers look.

Edited by SupraDan24 (see edit history)

Yeah, it was more concern for the gearbox than the engine tbh seeing as they're gold dust at the minute and bloody expensive to boot. Don't suppose you know what sort of power these W58 5 speeds will handle do you? I've heard about 450 but i'm not 100%. As long as its comfortably good for BPU then i'm not worried. I've emailed them asking if they do PX, i have a perfectly good Evo IV sitting on the drive that i wont use anymore if i get the conversion done so i'll see if i can kill 2 birds with 1 stone so to spk. If i got it i'd definately be interested in the spats at a good price. If i decide to spray it, it'll probably be later in the year or poss start of next, i really like the midnight blue/purple against the CF bonnet and spoilers look.

Not sure exactly mate. But i would think they were good for bpu levels. Maybe you could start a w58 reliability thread like this one. ;)

Or you could try looking for 6 speed. :D Although i think Keron would be a good person to ask about getting you a manual conversion if you get an auto.

Not sure exactly mate. But i would think they were good for bpu levels. Maybe you could start a w58 reliability thread like this one. ;)

Or you could try looking for 6 speed. :D Although i think Keron would be a good person to ask about getting you a manual conversion if you get an auto.

I've seen the stats for all the Gearboxes in another thread over the last 2 days, i just cant find it again. I mentioned to Keron about going BPU at the same time using an NA manual and he didnt seem to think there'd be an issue, at least he didnt mention anything so i assume it must be okay. NA autobox definately wont stand up to BPU stress levels, i know that, but i think the w58 is okay. Can anyone confirm??

I could sort you out a good price for the spats closer to the time mate.

I think Adnanshah had the same colour on his car. Looked great. :D

Top bloke :thumbs: I suppose now i HAVE to but the car haha. Hopefully they'll reply to me email with good news and i can go view it at least. Not sure if "Bucks" where its kept is meant to be Buckinhamshire or not. Might see if i could get an experienced Supra Guru from the area to come with and have a look at it with me.

I think Bucks does mean Buckinghamshire. :D

There have been some threads regarding Platinum Autos on here mate. I think a lot of members would advise you to approach them with caution. ( i remember reading something about colours not matching etc. :think: )

But they do seem to have quite a few good looking cars for sale.

Best to get them checked out first me thinks. :D

No worries mate, i'll have a search through the threads and see what i can find. If they get back to me with a pss PX with my evo i'll ask someone from here who lives close by with a more "experienced eye" to come with and take a look with me. If it doesnt look right i'll just walk away.

I think Bucks does mean Buckinghamshire. :D

There have been some threads regarding Platinum Autos on here mate. I think a lot of members would advise you to approach them with caution. ( i remember reading something about colours not matching etc. :think: )

But they do seem to have quite a few good looking cars for sale.

Best to get them checked out first me thinks. :D