The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Servicing costs

Rob Smith

Hi all,

I'm considering buying a mkiv Supra TT, but before I jump in the deep end I thought I'd find out how much they cost to run!

1. What are the service intervals for the supra?

2. How much do the various kinds of servicing cost - from Toyota dealers and independents?

Do all insurers whack on a massive premium for imported supras? Tesco quoted me £900 for a UK model, then upped it to £1400 for an import!

What else do I need to consider before I take the plunge?

Thanks for any info,

There are quite a few threads about, so for more info, look around the site.

You should service the car (oil+filter) every 2500miles. I do it at much less, but that will do. That is about alll there is regulary.

I would do this yourself, and for more comlicated stuff like cambelt etc, go to a garage. Someone like Leon charges half Toyotas rates for a better job.

For insurane, yes imports are more expnsive to insure, but easier to find and cheaper to buy. So if your quite young, try to get a UK-spec car :)

Quote: from Syed Shah on 5:53 pm on Mar. 10, 2002[br]

You should service the car (oil+filter) every 2500miles. I do it at much less, but that will do. That is about alll there is regulary.

Every 2500 miles!   I would expect at the 4500/9000 mile service intervals with fully synth oil............ Dinosaur oil I would err on the side of caution however.

Gav

Guest Mycroft

I dont know the caapcity of the supra but the soarer is 4½ltrs, so I buy 5ltrs of Halfords Fully Synth and a Toyota filter, fit that lot leaving me ½ltr at about 2500mls I pump out ½ltr of old stuff and add that ½ltr, this lasts me perfectly to 5000mls. I have my old oil checked and since doing this, I have yet to have oil in my sump that falls below the Oil Industries co-valent recommendations and that is after 5000mls, so yes if you can't hold to this regime then 3000mls is about right.

You could always just buy an extra ltr and use half for that midway booster!

It isn't cost cutting, it is just good use of materials.

hi i just got my oil changed with valvoline fully synthetic and got an engine flush at the same time,is it wise to get an engine flush at each oil change.as the engine flush is only £4

also the supra has a 6l oil change

i want to change my gearbox oil  but have read on here you should not empty out and put new gearbox oil in  seems strange to me.

also do any of you have an oil cooler and gearbox oil cooler

thanks for any info