The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Clear indicators, side repeaters and HID's

Guest Budz86

Guest Budz86

I just paid £35 from my local toyota who have given me a 10% discount as long as I show my club membership card. They were £19.53 each I think. The looms are actually more expensive that the lights and bulbs!

Guest Budz86
Here ya go mine are 6000k

What a difference and are not too blue at all !!!!!:)

Opps sorry for the big pics dont know how that happened :rolleyes:

Massive difference mate! I'm going to do some before and after's I think, both day and night :)

Guest Budz86

HID's arrived this morning and I've just fitted them. Hardest part about it was finding somewhere to mount the ballast's. The driver's side just about fitted between the air filter and bulkhead, and on the passenger side it is just tucked down next to the battery. Both had to be cable tied as there was no where within reach to mount the bracket's.

I did find with the kit that the rubber piece's where not needed, so I just cut them off with scissors. Also had to trim part of the plastic on the bulb, then connected it all up and they worked fine. Very easy to assemble as the wires will only go one place. Overall it took around an hour as I had to take the driver's side headlight out, and move the air filter so I could fix the ballast. But all in all, a very easy job.

Can't upload the picture's though?

HID's arrived this morning and I've just fitted them. Hardest part about it was finding somewhere to mount the ballast's. The driver's side just about fitted between the air filter and bulkhead, and on the passenger side it is just tucked down next to the battery. Both had to be cable tied as there was no where within reach to mount the bracket's.

I did find with the kit that the rubber piece's where not needed, so I just cut them off with scissors. Also had to trim part of the plastic on the bulb, then connected it all up and they worked fine. Very easy to assemble as the wires will only go one place. Overall it took around an hour as I had to take the driver's side headlight out, and move the air filter so I could fix the ballast. But all in all, a very easy job.

Can't upload the picture's though?

Wait till you try them out tonight! Far and away the best mod to a Supra, and simple to boot.

You won't believe the difference, and wonder how you managed without them.

Now you've done that, it may be worth taking it to a friendly MOTer, or garage, and get them to realign the headlights properly, as changing the bulbs and having the headlights out does upset the alignment.

I had it done, and made all the difference again! :)

Now you've done that, it may be worth taking it to a friendly MOTer, or garage, and get them to realign the headlights properly, as changing the bulbs and having the headlights out does upset the alignment.

I had it done, and made all the difference again! :)

If the lamps are refitted correctly, they should not require re-alignment. That is done on the back of the lamps themselves.

HOWEVER-sometimes after fitting HID's, the beam can be off due to the different characteristics of the beam spread, in which case adjustment may be necessary. Mine were OK.

You were 1/3 rd correct :p:)

Guest Budz86

Used them last night and got a bit carried away and went for an hour long drive! :D You're right, these are fantastic! Although as mentioned, the beams do seem like they are wrong (ie, need adjusting). Andrew, did you take your's to the place next to your work? They've always been good for MOT's but they don't do work??

I was trying to upload the pic's straight on here, but no go. I'm going to put them on photo bucket in a bit. But I got so carried away last night, I didn't take any photo's with them on in the dark!

Edit: As these were 6000k, they have a blue tinge which was noticable on the road and reflections from road sign's. I thought it was acceptable, no other car's 'complained' and plod didn't seem to mind as I drove past 3 different patrol cars last night with them on :)

Edited by Budz86
more info (see edit history)

Guest Budz86
There are loads of 6000K and above on the roads now, the police shouldnt stop you for 6K, i have just bid on some on eBay for £30, so going to give them a try.

True enough, it's just because they are a lot brighter than I'm used to!

Guest Budz86

Yep. All I needed was what was in the box, a 10mm socket and a pair of cutter's to trim the bulb, but scissor's work!

Side repeaters and front indicators havn't turned up yet, which is annoying as I wanted to fit them before going back to work on Tues

Ive just ordered some HB3 6000K from eBay for £29.99 lol, i really hope they are ok.

Usually i dont buy the cheapest. I did actually buy some from Knight-Racer last week, but 8000K arrived and i had to send them back, and he had no 6000K in stock :(

So i just thought of eBay lol.

• 2 weeks later...

The HID kit arrived, and they are great! Well worth the money.

The only thing is that they didnt come with the ballast mounting brackets, instead they came with 2 large sticky pads, but they are really sticky, so they do the job. I also cable tied the ballasts in, just in case, but yeah i recommend them.

• 1 year later...