The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JDM Allstars RD1 @ Trafford Centre, Manchester - 17 & 18 April 2010

Guest JamieR

Looking forward to this, everythings packed (like it was last weekend lol) as marty said above the Supra will be competeing at Manchester anyone at the event who wants to come over for a chat make yourself known on the day,

Im sure me and Benyon will be over :)

Looking forward to this, everythings packed (like it was last weekend lol) as marty said above the Supra will be competeing at Manchester anyone at the event who wants to come over for a chat make yourself known on the day,

you mean you cheated and havnt bothered unpacking from the weekend? lol :p

Guest JamieR

Must admit I saw the Supra at ISTS last weekend and it certainly shone. Very impressive!

Would be nice to nice to have a bit of banter about the motor so expect a visit from me :)

J

Guest JamieR

Evening all,

Well the weekend is fast approaching now and tickets are selling swiftly!

To stay up-to-date with minute by minute updates over the weekend, be sure to follow the JDM Allstars Twitter page:

The Top 16 Battles, Top 32 Qualifying and latest news from Manchester will all be covered.

JDM Allstars will also be streaming as much footage as possible; uploading battles 5-10 seconds after each run (maybe not live streaming but it's the closest possible thing!)

All the best,

Jamie

Japan North Founder & Organiser

JDM Allstars Promoter

http://www.JapanNorth.co.uk

http://www.JDMAllstars.com

Guest JamieR

For those that came along, what did you think to the decision made against the Supra in the finals on Sunday? Was quite surprised when the announcement was made. I thought the Supra held some pretty consistent and strong angles on both Saturday and Sunday... despite some contact made on the Saturday :)

Guest chris_shirl

pi**ed. where are these events advertised?? we love car shows etc but always see them too late. We will be at modified live though this weekend

The show looked brilliant :(

pi**ed. where are these events advertised?? we love car shows etc but always see them too late. We will be at modified live though this weekend

The show looked brilliant :(

I posted up nearly 2 months ago in the North West section.

I'm sure they will be back next year, or atleast i hope so as i loved it.

Well just getting back to normal after a brilliant weekend at round 1 of JDM Allstars in manchester...

We arrived on Friday morning straight off the boat (after a few detours) and when the track was ready got some early testing in. SATS Supra performed brilliantly out of the box, and Mark held a great line from that point on. With no major dramas through the weekend (it was only bodywork chris lol :) ) it put the JZA80 firmly into the Euopean drifting world as the car to beat this season.

The weekend was a test bed for the jzx90 chaser, as it rolled of the 4 poster on thursday evening. After several hours of testing on Fri, steering rack failed at around 4 o'clock - it looked like that was it over.

A few frantic phone calls later and operation rack-relay was launched.

a rack was found in N.Ireland...removed from a car and sent to the boat, and landed with us from liverpool Friday morning...big thanks to all involved.

Just after qualifying on sunday, the handbrake cylinder failed, and Paul @ japspeed was the saviour!! he let us nip back to his unit and steal one from a car there!

All in all a great weekend, burnt to a crisp, looked like a pikey most of the time sorting car niggles out, but all in all it was worth it!

2nd and 12th places on the JDMallstars points table, with brilliant driving by Rob and Mark, a cracking end to what was a very entertaining few days in Manchester

Marty

Guest JamieR

Nice one, Marty. It was great to watch performances of the SATS Supra on both Saturday and Sunday.

What was the damage caused by the S13 on the Saturday? Looked like the headlight escaped injury!

All the best

Guest suprabass

Headlight was ok on the outside lol broken inside, bumper was mashed up abit bit some cable ties and duct tape soon sorted that lo, the major damage was done to the powersteering cooler it sadly met its end and is now RIP in the bottem of some skip in manchester. also had to pull the front out a little using a Landcruiser but luckly it was only the soft front end metal mounting bits and no chasis damage. Think the S14 came off worse as it hit the chasis leg on the supra.

Other that that we got off lightly but at the time I thought the weekend was over lol. Thanks to Marty a SSI, Declan Hicks, Simon Perry and Mark Luney and other people (cant remember everyone) who helped out Team SATS the car lived to fight on lol.

Now got some fixing to do on the bumper then off to the paint man at the end of the week.

Edited by suprabass (see edit history)

Guest JamieR

Aye, I thought I saw a small puddle of fluid trailing to the pits after your session, glad you got the Supra up and running though and were able to see the weekend out into second place - awesome work :)

Yup, appeared that the S14 came off worse judging from the work that was been put in by everyone to get it fixed!

Looking forward to seeing the team run again, there were some fantastic lines, angles and entry speeds from the team...