The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A few Qs

Guest frp

nismo, your car looks wicked. I really think that ANY kit on a supra looks great. Don't think its possible to make one look bad.

Bobbeh, I had a quote for a TT import for about £850 which isn't that bad... it's the buying it which I can't really justify at £10k realistically for a aeroTT.

Found this:

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/CARS_popup.asp?modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&make=TOYOTA&model=SUPRA&variant=aerotop%2C+aero+top%2C+targa&keywords=manual&min_pr=75&max_pr=&mileage=&agerange=&postcode=IP1+1AA&miles=1500&max_records=50&source=0&photo=1&sort=3&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCH&start=2&distance=161&adcategory=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200451174843052

Which says it's aerotop and manual. It is £10k mind!

£850 for a TT is really good. I'm 25, got 3 yrs NCB with 4 points and I'm having to value a TT at £5k to get a TPFT quote in at £1150.

Did you say you were 23? I take it your £850 quote is fully comp? It sounds Ok to me but everybodys circumstances are different.

As for the car above, judging by the high prices on dealers website and Ad wording I don't think that aero is a TT. If I'm correct then it's very expensive.

Also, if you only want a sub 7 sec car then the N/A will be fine. I've had a look for stats and can't find any but I'm positive 0-60 is 6.7 seconds. More than enough.

Yeah that's FC, protected NCB. Sounds like a N/A will be fast enough. I've got 5 years NCB and no points.

I didnt say it was a TT, but it says its manual... so whether it is "Auto with manual override" like some say, the ad is wrong or it's been converted... it's still too expensive for me anyhow.

That was from elephant... not sure how well it stands cos it says they dont do online quotes for jap imports, but they have all the appropriate cars on there.

Saw what looked to be the perfect car, but was on ebay... always weary about bidding on a car on ebay. much prefer the old fashioned method.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4548895838&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Higher mileage than I would like but quite cheap.