The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gates racing timing belt...

Ali C

OK, put it this way. The OEM part will have been developed with the engine and durability tested to ensure that it lasts for the change interval. As Ali hasn't done anything to his valvetrain at all, then the OEM belt will still be perfect for the job. Yes, you could go with the Gates Racing one, but if it is any more expensive than the stock part then you are simply wasting your cash.

This thread seems stupid. All the guy is asking is it ok to use, and most are saying its pointless stay standard? He didnt ask which to go for just said is it ok to use. Go for the gates one mate. The guys that said they use them are the guys to listen to and personally i would speak to paul if you have any doubts and get one from him .

OK, put it this way. The OEM part will have been developed with the engine and durability tested to ensure that it lasts for the change interval. As Ali hasn't done anything to his valvetrain at all, then the OEM belt will still be perfect for the job. Yes, you could go with the Gates Racing one, but if it is any more expensive than the stock part then you are simply wasting your cash.

Thats great guys, just what I was needing to know :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

This thread seems stupid. All the guy is asking is it ok to use, and most are saying its pointless stay standard? He didnt ask which to go for just said is it ok to use. Go for the gates one mate. The guys that said they use them are the guys to listen to and personally i would speak to paul if you have any doubts and get one from him .

If he wants to run with no belt covers/clear cover for the bling look, then i nice blue over priced belt if great.

However if he just wants a durable belt, which is why the majority of people have advised Gates or OEM.

It would help if people state there intension's, then we could make a more informed recommendation.

I think the consensus was that, why waste money if you don't need to.