The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HID install help

Supranature

Thought I'd revive this thread rather than start a new one about the same problem.

So I tried to fit the HID's I purchased a few months back and as predicted, problem.

The kit is similiar to the one's that 'Supranature' has in a sense that the plugs can only fit in one way, so no option of 'reversing the polarity'. I have tried as suggesting pushing it hard to ensure a good connection, and I've pushed it until it won't go any further - No Luck.

Attached is a photo of the kit I am using, so much for 'Plug and Play' :rolleyes:

HID.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Some kits do need the additional harness - where did you get your kit from Fitz? They look connected up correctly in your picture.

In the kit I bought the plugs that connect the headlight socket to the ballast could only be plugged in one way, but mine had an issue with one of the bulbs so I called them (HIDS4U) and they said a common problem was the polarity plug being connected the wrong way (despite it only fitting one way).

The kit I bought from HIDS4U said in the instructions that the loom could be aquired from them at no additional cost if needed - if yours need the loom, your supplier may offer it at no additional cost.

Do both sets not work? have you checked the normal bulbs still work (to rule out fuse issues?)

Fitz, my main issue was the connector, bottom right of the picture, which receives power from the existing headlamp loom.

Ensure that its clean inside, connect, turn on your lights, if not lit, juggle and push it around. Push FIRMLY, this is where my issue was.

Repeat, changing polarity at tha ballast if necessary.

You will not believe the difference these lights make to evening driving.

Hey Guys, my HID's have been on for a week now :D I checked the voltage coming from the existing loom to check that I had a + to + connection etc, but it ended up going + to - so I turned the sucker round to match them up (despite the clip being the other side now) secured it in and viola! HID's :cool: thanks though guys.:thumbs: