The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Would you just belive it

Guest cbr337

im sure there is a law here as i seem to remember looking into it if you kill a cat and its got a collar its up to you wether to inform the owner or not, but if you kill a dog you must inforf the owner or the local police so they can contact the owner.

when i had my calibra i killed a farmers dog as it ranout from a side entry to a feild down a country road, i hit the dog at 60mph i had no time to react, i ended up some distance down the road half embeded in a hedge, i had completle totaled my front bumper, passanger headlight, bent bonnet, passanger side front wheel arch, all of the lower skirts, ripped off my oil sump, took out my left hand wheel like you see them in rally crashes hanging off, and sheered the majority of the bolts holding the exhaust together under the car. the dog was a complete mess (died on impact unfortunatly) which in turn put me into a state of shock for a week as i came close to flipping as i tried to swerve.

i felt so bad for the farmer but he in return for me, he was very appologetic and offered to pay for the damage but it was clear from the damage that the car was a right off so that was that, i put in a claim which ended up being paid and i got enough money to buy another calibra.

but im sure there is a law that stated its not your fault if you hit a dog if it is not kept on a lead and is therefore the owners responsibility.

i know you might feel harsh going back and asking the guy for some form of compensation for the damage but at the end of the day it should not have been out on its own, and is therefore his/her's responsibility. go down to your local police and ask if there is anything that can be done, at the end of the day the owner should be gratefull that you didnt kill his dog and should give you something towards the damage, as it isnt fair towards yourself to have to pay for damage that wouldnt have happened if his dog was'nt out unattended.

gav

Guest cbr337

if i hadnt swerved and hit the dog direct then i could had done more damage to the front?,as far as money its a pain as ive paid loads out and its aways the bloody way, ive spoke to the dog owner again and he has said if i get a quote for the parts needed when he will sort some thing out he said, ive got a quote form the wheel and its £270 just need to get it on the ramp to have a decent look undernieth and the scrap on the bumper to sort as well, but thanks for the advice guys

Guest cbr337

i doubt it has as they are like newage hippys people, well he has had the same quotes as me for the wheel and is ordering it in the morining so im one step towards gettin it back on the road fingers crossed

Well just an update: the bloke who owned the dog payed me £400 so sort the car out which has just covered it and ive got the suspention parts now and after gettin pi##ed with dare wheels becoause the showed one in stock but couldnt find it so i thought that was the end of buyin a new wheel, when i rung them back (as they never rung me to say they had found it or not) they couldnt find the one i wanted so he said to me i have diffrent coulors would that be any good to you,if i had know they had them but in diffrent colours i would have not messed around and just got one of those as ive sent the org wheel of to see if it could be repaired oh wot a head ache so im nearly there just need some tyres and paint the new wheels and it will be all done............