The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hybrid turbos

badtoy

Hi

I'm new in this list. I live in Switzerland and I hope you will understand my english:-)

When you are talking about hyprid turbos what kind of turbos do you mean? upgraded nato spec ct-12's or upgrade jap spec turbos?

Has somebody a link of a uk supplier for some upgrades nato specs for my mkiv tt?

thanks

Upgrades to the stock/standard turbo.

So hybrid is using your stock turbo housing which is milled out to give a larger volume inside.

360degree roller bearings are used rather than oil bearings and the compressor/turbine wheels are made of steel.

Sometimes they have titanium shafts as well.

Places like tubotechnics do them and many others but I cannot think of their names just now.

Pete

hey Pete,

many thanks for this quick support. Just checked the turbotechnics website. I don't found anything about ct-12 upgrade on there website.

I notice that a lot of uk supra owners use a erl wis. I currently use a large fmic do you think I would have a real benefit on a wis? what kind of benefit? the one and only benefit is POWER right?:-)

Guest Martin F

Errr longevity is also quite a benefit, if not for your car then certainly your wallet.

The WI system is more there as a safe guard against detonation, particularly in warmer weather. Yes it will cool the inlet charge slightly so a small increase in power may result.

I would agree longevity is the ONLY reason you should use for fitting a water injection system.

Don't ever rely on it's cooling performance.

As for the ct-12 either ask them or I know a company that can upgrade any turbo to any spec you decide. So you choose a turbo for high end power or low down power at the expense of top end etc.

As for suggestions use a web search engine. There are loads.

turbodynamics is another I think.

Pete