The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Chips away franchise

nickball75

Too many of them around to make it a real money spinner and Chips Away have a fairly bad reputation amongst enthusiasts despite it generally being a handful of their people who do shoddy work.

I'd rather setup on my own and do this kind of thing based on my own reputation that have the possibility of "Stan in Stockport" ruining things just because the vans have the same logo on them.

What does the package consist of?

Have you compared it with going alone and sourcing things yourself? I know you can go on courses for this kind of thing and buy all the equipment online at fairly reasonable costs, surely all you need then is a small Astra van covered in stickers?

Do not go with chips away.

There charge far too much for a franchise that is crap.

I was looking into this last year and research alot of them and chips away are by far the worse place to deal with let alone go with the franchise.

http://www.wizardonwheels.co.uk are the best i found.

I never did go through with it due to Army commitments but they do 2 packages and the gold package is 10k less than chips away.

I do have the initial pack that wizard on wheels sent me if you want it?

It has all the information you need aswell as the kit that is included in both packages.

even tho the gold package is £27,995 you get the van and bits needed

Too many of them around to make it a real money spinner and Chips Away have a fairly bad reputation amongst enthusiasts despite it generally being a handful of their people who do shoddy work.

I'd rather setup on my own and do this kind of thing based on my own reputation that have the possibility of "Stan in Stockport" ruining things just because the vans have the same logo on them.

What does the package consist of?

Have you compared it with going alone and sourcing things yourself? I know you can go on courses for this kind of thing and buy all the equipment online at fairly reasonable costs, surely all you need then is a small Astra van covered in stickers?

do what michael says go on your own...

we used a local guy rather than chips away

thanks for the comments guys, ive seen lots of mixed comments around the web aout chips away, some say they find it great some are saying not so great.

buying into franchise seems to be a good step into business as its a ready to go solution. Especially one that works out of a van, so minimum overheads.

I know a guy who used to do it so will probably give him a ring tommorow.

Looked at the wizard on wheels site and ordered a brochure.

I think this one needs alot of research. I am in a very secure job at the moment so would be a big risk.

I just dont want to get stuck in a rut when im older with a load of "what if's" under my belt.

Cheers Guys

thanks for the comments guys, ive seen lots of mixed comments around the web aout chips away, some say they find it great some are saying not so great.

buying into franchise seems to be a good step into business as its a ready to go solution. Especially one that works out of a van, so minimum overheads.

I know a guy who used to do it so will probably give him a ring tommorow.

Looked at the wizard on wheels site and ordered a brochure.

I think this one needs alot of research. I am in a very secure job at the moment so would be a big risk.

I just dont want to get stuck in a rut when im older with a load of "what if's" under my belt.

Cheers Guys

Someone I fly with does this for a living, He looked into the francise but set up on his own. He does a cracking job and earns rather well from it. There is a mondeo at the club that you would never tell a T-rex 600 crashed into.