The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sorry another compression test issue need advise please

Samsupra

Guest Supra2
Sorry but going by the info you have been given, i would say take it somewhere els that know what there doing.

"The third test, the oil on bore test he said he cranked 35psi through it to get these readings and said this is the % lost through the rings "

:(:clown:

i agree with everything tricky ricky has said and as per my 1st post on this thread, sounds like they want your pants down.

by all means, take em down if you want ;)

problem is trusting a garage as most of supra owners dont have a clue on whats what, so when the garage tell them the flux capasitor and the giggle pin has broke you beleave them, then ask WELL how much to fix the giggle pin, all the time they are giggling into your pocket.

My advise is take it somewere else for a second opinion to be sure.

Been reading this thread and I feel for you. Seems like you are not all that clued up on the mechanics of the engine and what each of these numbers mean and their impact on the single project.

In my case, I took my Car to Pheonix who I trusted and did whatever he recommended, he checked the car 1st before giving me the green light to go single - i then ordered the parts and the rest is history (14 months ago).

In your case, it seems like you are questioning the garage and IMO if that is the case then I wouldnt get the car singled by them. Only take it to the garage that you trust 100% else it will / can turn into a nightmare costing many thousands of pounds.

• 2 weeks later...
I would say that No4 ex and inlet valves are not seating, we are seeing this more and more, we have done 2 in the last 2 weeks.

If I were you I would take my car to Matt and Dude at AFR.... I'm still paying out for the problems left over from JPS Motorsport days