The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Still here - No Supra yet though!

Guest GT Destroyer

As for the handling, I have alwasy had performance cars like M3, M5, 325 Sport, XKR, 996T etc but the Supra is amazing.

Whilst the weight is around 1600KG, it feels extremely light, balanced, electric sharp in a composed manner and it eats tight and fast corners for breakfast. The Supra feels as good as the M3 but when I look at the speedo in some cases I was going faster than I used to in the M3 on average country lanes, yet I'm still getting used to it and the BMWs I used to handle like rag dolls.

Try and get a member round your way to give you a drive out. The TT is a fast car, a single is a completely different thing though. They are good at handling BUT require respect when driven hard. I was amazed at how fast mine was when I first got it.

Think of how much you would have to spend on a 600 hp Evo or Impreza :search:

There are a few singles for sale at the min, but as said try before you buy. When I first had my single the car scared the sh*t out of me when I drove it hard.....still does tbh :D

i drove to thorpe park a couple of days ago, apart from the dick's in BMW's who just wanted to see who could get off the line the quickest, most people looked at the supe. Both in cars and on the streets, it hasnt lost it unique look even by todays standards of appearance design.

im not by any means a poser. but i do like that it gets looks wherever i seem to go, and im southeast. there arnt many around bexhill and hastings. and i rarely see another unless im meeting up with them lol

Guest GT Destroyer
Try and get a member round your way to give you a drive out. The TT is a fast car, a single is a completely different thing though. They are good at handling BUT require respect when driven hard. I was amazed at how fast mine was when I first got it.

Think of how much you would have to spend on a 600 hp Evo or Impreza :search:

There are a few singles for sale at the min, but as said try before you buy. When I first had my single the car scared the sh*t out of me when I drove it hard.....still does tbh :D

I've had a look in the Yorkshire meets and its 1st Tuesday of each month. I will certainly get myself there to see whats what. I'm sure someone would be OK to take me out to help me decide. I've read loads about the auto Supras recently and although I am almost 100% sure I want a manual, I still have a small space reserved should the auto really impress me.

I'll check in with the meet thread for Yorkshire and see which different models or Supra make it - With any luck there will be A) A big HP single B) A std auto C) A std manual D) Modded auto E) Modded manual!!

Also you are right about the Evo or Impreza, I think I'm swaying well towards the Supra.

I might even send my tenner off now !!

Heywood - You are only in Manchester - Do you get to any of the Yorkshire meets?

Heywood - You are only in Manchester - Do you get to any of the Yorkshire meets?

No mate not really, Suprapod is less than a month away now so if you havent been out in anything I'd get myself down there. Will be a full array of cars to make your mind up, and hearing them screaming down the strip will totally sway you to the Supra :D;)

Guest GT Destroyer

So WRC in Bradford. I mentioned them earlier in the thread. Got a day off today so was going to go look at the Sups there.

Rang them first and got an arrogant asian kid who started carrying on about "well if its a 5sp then its a non-turbo innit", whilst I was checking what models they had.

Rude, unhelpful, arrogant. I asked about test driving one and I was lead to believe I could only do this if I was genuine buyer, and that I would have had to leave some kind of deposit to even test it, my genuinity as a car buyer was certainly questioned to say the least.

The thing is I am more than genuine about it!

Nevermind (I will edit this if I am not supposed to "warn" other forum members, but its not that harsh, just the truth!)

Don't say I didn't warn you. Been there, done that, wanted to smack them in the head :)

So WRC in Bradford. I mentioned them earlier in the thread. Got a day off today so was going to go look at the Sups there.

Rang them first and got an arrogant asian kid who started carrying on about "well if its a 5sp then its a non-turbo innit", whilst I was checking what models they had.

Rude, unhelpful, arrogant. I asked about test driving one and I was lead to believe I could only do this if I was genuine buyer, and that I would have had to leave some kind of deposit to even test it, my genuinity as a car buyer was certainly questioned to say the least.

The thing is I am more than genuine about it!

Nevermind (I will edit this if I am not supposed to "warn" other forum members, but its not that harsh, just the truth!)