The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Super streets my arse.

tbourner

New suspension, no alignment and crap tyres - thats the reason mate.

I have Tein Super Street on my GTR and they are fapping superb. I had rock hard sus on before and it skipped all over the place, the Tein soak it all up and no skipping. It corners just as well when I put them on the hard setting too, perfect for UK roads IMHO. Though I have the EDFC so I can change the damping to suit, rather than just a compromise for all situations.

However, when mine were fitted in Dec, I had F1 tyres on and the alignment was done straight away...........

Brian, they can't be any softer than my old shocks! :eek:

Looks like I'll have to take a drive up to Micheldever at the weekend then, don't fancy driving it that far now though!! Will this cause uneven tyre wear as well then as we're assuming it's alignment out?

I'm going to have to drive everywhere at 20 mph now then that'll be fun. :(

What about my exhaust is that gonna be screwed as well? it's moved to the left slightly and now bangs (I think it's the exhaust making the noise) on the rear bumper.

You need to look under the car... If the exhaust piping is bent then you can TRY and get it bent back.... It might no be possible though..

Possible to chop out the bent section and weld in a new straight section..

Otherwise Im afraid its a new unit...

If its a down pipe of something you will need a new one.

C.

Looks like my rear spat thingys are busted too!

Do Veilside screw them in and then fibreglass over the top?

Does anyone fancy repairing the cracks in them and re-fitting for me? How much?

I still need to go to the unit at some point for the gearbox oil change and maybe to fit a front bumper so maybe they could do it?

Looks like my rear spat thingys are busted too!

Do Veilside screw them in and then fibreglass over the top?

Does anyone fancy repairing the cracks in them and re-fitting for me? How much?

I still need to go to the unit at some point for the gearbox oil change and maybe to fit a front bumper so maybe they could do it?

You should be able to take em off dude and repair them then re-fit , it all depends on who/how they were fitted , get the rear allignment checked as my car handles real strange with the drag geometry in place

There is a company called supertracker in southampton i think that are very good they did Deckers car when Micheldever couldnt get it right (bearing in mind they TRIED to track Ash Willis' car with a steering arm bent into an S shape !!!! If you need the number phone me and ill contact Decker to get it , failing that there is a guy in worthing who will do it , he sets up race rally cars for some very big companies

Dude :cool:

You should be able to take em off dude and repair them then re-fit , it all depends on who/how they were fitted

I think Veilside fitted them!! They have 2 screws on the rear bumper in the wheel arch, a square sticky pad near the rear lights!! And a screw in the thin bit near the exhaust (on that side) - but it's screwed in and then covered over with fibreglass so you can't see it! So I can't twist the nut the other side and can't get to the screw head - seems like it wasn't intended to come off!

get the rear allignment checked as my car handles real strange with the drag geometry in place

There is a company called supertracker in southampton i think that are very good they did Deckers car when Micheldever couldnt get it right (bearing in mind they TRIED to track Ash Willis' car with a steering arm bent into an S shape !!!! If you need the number phone me and ill contact Decker to get it , failing that there is a guy in worthing who will do it , he sets up race rally cars for some very big companies

Was gonna go to Micheldever as it's pretty close to Miami and I'll be needing to go there again anyway. Not sure now although I've never heard anything else bad about them!