The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Any old sponge?

Scott

I got a load of the meguires stuff in the Halfords 3 for 2 deal. hid it in the shed from the Mrs :)

I'd given the car a wash and wipe down a week or so ago, but that was with some generic shampoo and a soft cloth. Even I wasnt impressed with the outcome.

I tried the Meguires range last week (With a Mitt Scott :) ) two bucket job, and its came up a treat.

I was astounded the difference using a clay bar makes. And its not that much hard work to do. i'd done it all in about an hour and a half, but I was working me arse off getting round it.

Heres what I done, which is probably egg sucking time but hey ho:

1. Bucket of Meguires shampoo, bucket of clean water

2. rinse the car lightly with the hose.

3. Mitt in Shampoo, wash area, rinse mitt off in clean water. repeat. I kept rinsing off the areas Id washed with the hose before thay dried.

4. Used the clay on the car. Comes with detailer spray but I think someone said that you could just use the shampoo as its only a lubricant. The difference between a "clayed" bit and a bit you havent done is massive. like people say, the difference in feel is amazin. And the clay gets pretty dirty - or at least mine did. The rear quater on mine had stuff on it from sitting under a tree and the clay done a great job on it.

5. Rubbed off the claying as I went round.

6. Waxed on/waxed off when it dried using the Meguires stuff.

Car looks much much better. Not perfect by a long chalk but a massive improvement.Bit of graft but worth it. And a bit of an outlay for all the stuff (polishing cloths, drying cloths, applicators, and all the products) just for "cleaning the car" but the stuff will last a while I think.

Tip: get a good big drying towel or two.