The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Glowshift Gauges

markybhoy86

They are £50 for the boost gauges bud, well the ones i am looking at cost that. AFR Gauges are priced a bit cheaper, innovate £185, glowshift £165

I'm positive they are the same gauge, with different brandings.

Glowshift

Innovate

Thats loverly, but we are not talking about AFR gauges are we?

They probably are the same, you maybe onto a winner there. Buy 7 of them.

u can get the boost gauge for cheaper than that from the US av sent a q to a seller to see if he would ship to the UK, the gauges look good to me so unless someone actaully has had bother with them then i think i might chance it and get 3 of them

I bet you buy Tesco extra value food?

It has been said countless times, invest in a good boost gauge/AFR/EGT etc.

I have had the 'pleasure' of cheap gauges. They have all been innacurate.

Thats loverly, but we are not talking about AFR gauges are we?

They probably are the same, you maybe onto a winner there. Buy 7 of them.

I bet you buy Tesco extra value food?

It has been said countless times, invest in a good boost gauge/AFR/EGT etc.

I have had the 'pleasure' of cheap gauges. They have all been innacurate.

whats wrong with tesco extra value food :p

Is he buying 3 AFR gauges for £150?

Are you having a bad day or something?

Thread title "Glowshift Gauges"

Thread Jist "What are the quality of Glowshift Gauges"

I'm buying a Glowshift AFR gauge so i commented on what i had seen so far. You just seem to be on a trip due to the cost of the gauges.

I understand that you, more often than not, get what you pay for but they are american gauges making them much cheaper than the over inflated Jap brands. I certainly won't be trusting the gauges until i have tested it against a known source, i won't discredit them based on price though.

Im having a good day, thanks for asking :)

No trips here. I was simply making a point of cheap gauges are likely to be a shit product.

I wont bother in future, just in case someone knows of something that looks the same so it has to be awesome.

Im having a good day, thanks for asking :)

No trips here. I was simply making a point of cheap gauges are likely to be a shit product.

I wont bother in future, just in case someone knows of something that looks the same so it has to be awesome.

Its the little pokes that you have while making your point that don't come off very well. We all know that cheap products are a bad idea but just because something is expensive in a monetary value doesn't mean that it isn't cheap in a manufacturing sense, and obviously vice versa.

I'm just guessing here, but by the way you are commenting do you even have any experience with the gauge manufacturer mentioned? I'm not saying they are not tat, what i AM saying is that until someone says they are crap who has actually used them then i'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

I would go for the innovate but i want all the gauges to be matching. I'm hopeful that i can take off the "Glowshift" logo though, as that really does look cheap.

Its the little pokes that you have while making your point that don't come off very well. We all know that cheap products are a bad idea but just because something is expensive in a monetary value doesn't mean that it isn't cheap in a manufacturing sense, and obviously vice versa.

I'm just guessing here, but by the way you are commenting do you even have any experience with the gauge manufacturer mentioned? I'm not saying they are not tat, what i AM saying is that until someone says they are crap who has actually used them then i'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

I would go for the innovate but i want all the gauges to be matching. I'm hopeful that i can take off the "Glowshift" logo though, as that really does look cheap.

Not me directly but my friend had one of their boost gauges on his S14. It was nearly 0.2 bar out.

thanks for the debate, i see where you's are comin from regarding the cheapness etc of the gauges that was the whole point in me starting the post in the first place.

i have my answers now, im goin to buy a couple of them anyway and get them checked for accuracy coz they look good in that picture, at the end of the day there a load of shyt then fair enough i didnt pay a stupid amount from them in the first place.

cheers

M

I have a glow shift boost guage, extremely accurate and very good qaulity. Theres a thread (which i created asking this very question a while ago) of the usual poo pooers, with "cheap" "get what you pay for" comments........but simply these are great.........imo

The "pricests", keep the good, reasonably priced stuff from taking off........