The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hi, anyone stay in or near glasgow? help needed

Guest blackspider82

Guest blackspider82

Hi Ian,

Yeah I used to see it in your driveway. must say it was always spotless.used to pass everyday into work.

I noticed that it was gone and that you had a replacement, then spotted on ebay. thought that is mine :).

I must say though, close shave, A cracking example for £2750 or whatever it went for if it wasnt for the horendous damage,it would probably be mine lol.

Guest supraless

Hi Ian, looks like you were taking good care of my baby, thanks for that lol. Its also good to know it drove ok, I was a bit concerned when I got a letter from the DVLA saying it was being re-licensed. Where and when did you buy it from? I had it seven years, a lot of that time it was parked up at my parents house gathereing dust, every time I went to pick her up she had a flat battery. It really didnt do a lot of miles at all in those middle years. I found the passion again in the last year and started spending money on it, then I got hit and it was game over.

The traffic cops were on the scene well quick as you would imagine when its one of their own, they told me the cop was 99% to blame and not to worry. When it came to their insurance company/dept, they lied and said he had "full audio and visual warning" or similar, but the cops report should have said otherwise, as we all established he had no siren on,(me, the cop driver, the traffic cops) on the night. My insurance company was terrible, I was on the phone most nights after work on hold for over an hour and very seldom got through, and always to a different person. I just gave up on them, I did get a very nice cheque from them some months later, but lost my no claims. I was looking at another supra but insurance went from about £700 to £3000, heartbreaking [sAD][/sAD]

I swapped my mitsubishi galant VR4 for the supra, I got it from a guy from Kilmarnock who got it from someone from Edinburgh.

I later done a deal with the guy's at the garage that had it for sale.

it drove faultless I had just fitted new mintex pads, thermostat, drivers side gutter within the last few weeks of owning it...like I've said I'd probably still own it now if it were not for a family matter.

Hi Spider,

That did look like a nice Supra, but like you say probably best to stay clear after seeing the damage on it.

If you're still looking for one I'm still thinking about selling mine. She's fairly stock and could do with a couple of things doing here and there but she would be within your budget.

I'm only thinking of selling due to a change in circumstances, but will be saving up and coming back, hopefully in a big power single. Got my eyes on this or something similar:

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/index.php?option=com_rdautos&view=detail&id=31&Itemid=64

It'll be end of July before I'm back onshore and looking to sell, but if your still looking for the right one then, just give me a shout.

You can find pics in my garage.

Cheers

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Keeps getting passed around eh! I am sure it is possible it was a top notch repair done and the car is fine but still would run a mile! I pity the one that buys this and then finds out about the damage down the line, you would lose all love for it and would not dare put anyone you loved in it.