The mkiv Supra Owners Club

members n.ireland

redsupratt6spd

No don't go there, they are a pack of bluffers, they told me my car had plugleads, when I said I had never seen them they told me "Its a different story when you are looking at them every day of the week". They have also taken deposits off people and then closed and given no refunds, they are a pack of crooks, more commonly known as Cardestroyz.

As I said, I have never used them... on that advice doesn't look likely in the future either.

So back to the question in hand... any decent people working on Supra's in NI?

To be fair, the SZ's have plug leads.

But I get your point if they were talking about TTs.

Yeah I was trying to sort out the slight misfire I had when I uped the boost, so if they knew anything they should have known there were no leads, of course it was this fine site that gave me the info to sort the problem.

To answer the question, sinbad, I don't know of anywhere, except maybe Track day performance, but they are down south and I have no experience of them other than my mate recons they blew this GTO, so I wouldn't go there either. Looks like if we want sonthing done we would have to go to England. :cry:

No don't go there, they are a pack of bluffers, they told me my car had plugleads, when I said I had never seen them they told me "Its a different story when you are looking at them every day of the week". They have also taken deposits off people and then closed and given no refunds, they are a pack of crooks, more commonly known as Cardestroyz.

This sounds mighty odd to me, I watched these guys do a blitz big twins conversion that was very successful on a Supra, and I know of a few others they have done with total success. The closing down bit was the parting of the business owners, had to be done to sort it legally.

I have overheard conversations there about people leaving deposits, and not being able to pay the rest of the dough for goods, hence why i picked up a set of HKS264 cams the other week there for humble money.

I have spent a few grand with these guys and they have always been 100% to me. Thats my experience anyway, sorry to hear yours wasn't good.

Maybe the reason you got the stuff cheap is it was paid for twice, the first time by somone else.

I have one mate that ordered a downpipe, waited three weeks, got nothing, asked for deposit back, and again got nothing.

Another mate ordered a boost gauge and controller along with downpipe for |Mr2 turbo, he paid a deposit up front and put the rest on finance, Cartoyz closed, and he got no goods, no deposit back, and the finance company were still taking money out of his account.

Also I think that is more likley it waqs a bit of fancy legal footwork, to avoid paying the debts after it closed, than any other reason. Some people have said that it closed to change hands, but to me that does not make buisness sense to close, just so one brother could buy the other out.

I really hope I am wrong here as I was looking forward to spending some money with them, but have to say the fact they told me my Supra Turbo took plugleads, dosn't fill me with confidence.

Sorry for :hijack:

So you going to this meet Chief ( back on topic)

First thing jumps to mind is the then owners have different surnames, unlikely to be brothers?. There were several people working there all of which talked like they owned the place sometimes. Wonder who you were talking to?, alough I think I could almost guess.

They are back open. When i bought the cams a couple of weeks ago I saw the paperwork, a certain dreamer had ordered them without the funds to complete the deal. Nitrous seems to be going well there at the moment which I am considering as I am getting a load of great feedback about it.

I would be surprised if the above problems were brought in a mannerly fashion to Cartoyz that something wouldn't be sorted out. Give it a try, the dude i deal with there S.M. has always been a gentleman in his dealing with me. Hope your mates get sorted out.

I will try and make the run if i can, should be OK, but will confirm closer to the time.

Supra only run sounds good.

• 4 months later...

Just a reminder lads about the Supra owners club Ireland that has just been launched. Only a week old, but with time we can Grow. We are holding a meet/photoshoot soon for Fastcar magazine to mark the launch. get over to.......

http://images.soundclick.com/04/pro/album/6/35696_39.jpg

• 4 months later...
As I said, I have never used them... on that advice doesn't look likely in the future either.

So back to the question in hand... any decent people working on Supra's in NI?

Sorry to bring up an old topic, but yes Cartoyz do have a bit of a bad reputation. When they first opened, they apparently had an Impreza Turbo in to have some engine tuning done, but once it was finished it only lasted a few miles before the engine sh!t itself :tumble:

If anyone is looking for a place in NI to have work done on their engine then i know a guy who is very good, although i would need to check what history he has with Supras. He works on Lotus, Ferrari and many other cars, a lot of rally cars as well. He's well respected in car enthusiast circles.

Just thought i would mention him as there seems to be very few places in Northern Ireland that carry out good tuning.:ecstatic:

If anyone is looking for a place in NI to have work done on their engine then i know a guy who is very good, although i would need to check what history he has with Supras. He works on Lotus, Ferrari and many other cars, a lot of rally cars as well. He's well respected in car enthusiast circles.

Just thought i would mention him as there seems to be very few places in Northern Ireland that carry out good tuning.:ecstatic:

So who is he, you forgot to mention ?

I really wanted to know who did this, so..........I enquired and wasn't surprised when I heard who it was.

I really hope I am wrong here as I was looking forward to spending some money with them, but have to say the fact they told me my Supra Turbo took plugleads, dosn't fill me with confidence.

QUOTE]

The person who answered the phone was not a staff member, just a pompus wee shit who thinks he knows everything about every car, got chased and now works in Lisburn.