The mkiv Supra Owners Club

N/A compression test

bibblebob

Hi, guys doing a comp test on a n/a and wondered if anyone can give me a step by step guide i.e. what needs to come off and how etc.

I have the guage and i know the correct cylinder pressures and variation pressure just never done one on this engine. So any help would be much appreciated :)

Have a look on club downloads and download the engine PDF file, print it off and there you go (Nearly)

Follow the steps for removing the air inlet, throttle body,inlet manifolds, spark plug covers and spark plugs.

Disconnect the electrical harness from the ignition coil and pull the fuel pump ECU relay.

Do your test whilst holding the throttle wide open (Already done as TB removed :rolleyes:)

Record results, do a wet test (add approx 40ml of engine oil to each cylinder) if results are poor or un-even.

This will tell you whether its a ring sealing fault or valves.

If you do have a fault then using a leak down tester is far more precise at diagnosing where the fault is.

Basically if your not burning oil or the crankcase breathers are not breathing heavily you generally cant tell much from a compression test :D

p.s. Search is your friend;)

Stuart

Thanks mate, whole idea has changed heads in bits with it all lol.

I was thinking about nitrous so it was a a good idea to make sure everything was as it should be but had a tatal change of hart and the TT conversion with Kearon is imenent just hope i get a good motor. thanx again for your reply