The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Central Locking

supraszr

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is white 3-cable connector in drivers door. Disconnect it and try central locking by remote. If it will lock/unlock, you need to clean this connector or change it.

Hi

.. this connector, loom and switch has broken on mine since getting fragile in sub zero temps.. does anyone know where will I be able to get one and can I get a part number maybe?

I know it is called the door lock/unlock detector switch..

cheers

:rolleyes::blink:

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

.. this connector, loom and switch has broken on mine since getting fragile in sub zero temps.. does anyone know where will I be able to get one and can I get a part number maybe?

I know it is called the door lock/unlock detector switch..

cheers

:rolleyes::blink:

Out of interest, I sourced this direct from Toyota at a quoted price of £37 so, whilst it's not cheap, it could be worse..

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I posted up a similar issue here -> http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=210562, but no reply yet.

Same thing though... locks, but half of the time does not unlock.

That part you were talking about Bakerk, is that the central locking bits from the driver's door card? Do you have a part number or something? I would happily pay that amount to get mine sorted!

The part is a sensor that clips over the back of the door keylock mechanism and has three wires that go from that to a white multiway connector (the wires are a couple of feet long)

If that's the part I can look in the electronic parts catalogue and get it for you

well if its red you'll have more chance of finding rocking horse $#@! than a second hand one .

i bought a blue one just to see if it will work in place of my red one so watch this space i will be trying it tomorrow .

Watching this with anticipation, I've had two attempts at fixing mine, I've had had the drivers door card off and cleaned all the plugs and had it working and then just unlocking and now it's stopped working again.

It's so frustrating!

Had the same problem but mine wouldnt lock :(

took door cards off, cleaned all connections and checked etc re taped all the air holed on the sides of the door film stuff ...... (dont know whats its called)

and now its randomly just fixed itself .... was going to get a new relay unit but think i wont bother now :D ( touches wood )

your might just be similar to mine , oh and mine stopped working for around a month :( now has been working for the last 2 weeks :)

all im saying is it might be worth waiting a few weeks to see if it fixes itself, just trying to save you money.

It's not been working since December :(

It's got to be something sticking because as soon as I unplug the white connector in the door and then reconnect it, it starts working again. I may just have to bite the bullet and try a relay.

I have been told that, if unplugging the white connector lets central locking work, it's the sensor that plug runs to that needs replacing ie the one I am changing. try leaving it unplugged and see if it continues to work..

supposedly that sensor stops central locking if broken as it misleads the central locking.

I believe the central locking relay is much more expensive than than the sensor.

It's probably best to peer in with a torch to see if the sensor has broken away from the back of the door lock barrel before spending money..

:):):):):)

I've had the door card off today. Been unplugging and reconnecting everything I can get my hands on. But it still doesn't work. :(

In a nutshell, the central locking button on the driver's door locks the car just fine, but fails to unlock it. It used to be intermittent whether it would unlock, but now it seems to fail all the time.

OK have you tried resetting the alarm? Which alarm do you have? I assume you are using an alarm key fob?

Remove the negative lead from the battery and replace it.. I had a problem with the alarm/central locking once where that was the case.

My reset involves holding both buttons on the keyfob of my cobra alarm for over 10 seconds then re-pressing the main button

Edited by bakerk (see edit history)

It's the central locking button inside the car that's not working properly. It only works to lock the car, but won't unlock it. I had the alarm checked out my professional installers a few weeks ago, as I'd initially that it was the alarm at fault. But that was before I realised the it doesn't work using the switch in the car either.