The mkiv Supra Owners Club

underseal

Guest Allanalbert

I still stand by my word that they arnt undersealed from factory, and if they are it's such a light coating that it wouldnt offer much protection after a few years

i wonder what is going on here as my j-spec is most definately factory undersealed it was imported into this country in 1996 which is probably very early for a JDM car, you can tell its factory applied as its a good 5mm thick rough mastic substance that looks far superior to waxoil, it is far to neat for a garage job and it was applied prior to the car being sprayed, i wonder why some have it and others dont, i wonder if it was an optional extra or dependant on model ? very confusing :search:

we can charge 300 if you want and spend a bit longer on it lol :D

but seriously we have done almost 80% of our cars.

i recommend you go for this option when it arrives with us due to it being fresh of the boat..

there is a pic of a GTR being undersealed in our services section of our website..

others charge more for this work as that is their niche/bread winner..

a proper underseal is removing all components that are movable and then reffitting but this would cost £1000sss of pounds..

we can charge 300 if you want and spend a bit longer on it lol :D

but seriously we have done almost 80% of our cars.

i recommend you go for this option when it arrives with us due to it being fresh of the boat..

there is a pic of a GTR being undersealed in our services section of our website..

others charge more for this work as that is their niche/bread winner..

a proper underseal is removing all components that are movable and then reffitting but this would cost £1000sss of pounds..

Just out of interest Jurgen, you handle lots of imports any theories on why some are undersealed and others not

Just out of interest Jurgen, you handle lots of imports any theories on why some are undersealed and others not

tbh MY GTR has very minor underseal if any (a glue effect stuff sealant) but it is limited to certain areas.. most jap cars are the same.. but rx7s come well undersealed, nissans dont for some reason and as for supras they are partially undersealed.

but there is no harm to undesealed them a bit better on arrival from japan..

the best time to do this is on arrival from japan rather than after all the salt and rubbish uk weather hits the chassis.. as chris wilson mentioned this is when an underseal job becomes difficult and can cause problems..(we have to jet wash cars underneath if they being in uk for a bit then let them dry)

but i recommend it to be done on all imports but maybes except rx7s

tbh MY GTR has very minor underseal if any (a glue effect stuff sealant) but it is limited to certain areas.. most jap cars are the same.. but rx7s come well undersealed, nissans dont for some reason and as for supras they are partially undersealed.

but there is no harm to undesealed them a bit better on arrival from japan..

the best time to do this is on arrival from japan rather than after all the salt and rubbish uk weather hits the chassis.. as chris wilson mentioned this is when an underseal job becomes difficult and can cause problems..(we have to jet wash cars underneath if they being in uk for a bit then let them dry)

but i recommend it to be done on all imports but maybes except rx7s

good info Jurgen, cheers