The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which car seat for the supra

dazla

Hello Dazla,

Sorry to trouble you but I'm after some advice if you don't mind...

I saw your post a while ago about getting a baby seat for the Supra and was well chuffed that you found the Britax Freeway, especially as it's so cheap.

You say you got yours to fit nicely without moving about. How did you do that? I bought a Freeway and fitted it behind the passenger seat but the socket (the bit you plug the buckle into) seems too far forward, as does the anchor by the car wall.

Basically the baby seat moves forward about eight inches when you pull it, even if you're just tightening the shoulder straps. I've knelt on the thing and pulled the strap through as hard as I can but the problem seems to be that the anchor points for the lap part of the Supra's seatbelt on both sides are too far forward.

How do you secure it?

I'd really appreciate any pointers.

Cheers

KaiBosh

Hello Dazla,

I saw your post a while ago about getting a baby seat for the Supra and was well chuffed that you found the Britax Freeway, especially as it's so cheap.

You say you got yours to fit nicely without moving about. How did you do that? I bought a Freeway and fitted it behind the passenger seat but the socket (the bit you plug the buckle into) seems too far forward, as does the anchor by the car wall.

Basically the baby seat moves forward about eight inches when you pull it, even if you're just tightening the shoulder straps. I've knelt on the thing and pulled the strap through as hard as I can but the problem seems to be that the anchor points for the lap part of the Supra's seatbelt on both sides are too far forward.

How do you secure it?

Cheers

KaiBosh

I have had the same problem buckles to far forward:(

What did you do about it in the end, mate?

I'm driving around with it loose at the moment (the baby only gets in it once a fortnight or so) but they do say it needs to be properly tight.

I don't want to have to choose between my baby and, well, my other baby.

Hello Dazla,

How do you secure it?

Cheers

KaiBosh

:yeahthat:

What did you do about it in the end, mate?

I'm driving around with it loose at the moment (the baby only gets in it once a fortnight or so) but they do say it needs to be properly tight.

I don't want to have to choose between my baby and, well, my other baby.

I have got two other cars which we use so until he is a bit bigger then he will not be in it as it is not worth it:(

:yeahthat:

HI mate

Sorry for the the late reply. Sorry to hear that your having trouble with the baby seat, mine is not that bad. I must admit the seat moves about 1 inch but you have to give it a good pull to do that.

I ended up trying loads of seats at different places and this was the only one that would fit. I was abit worried my self about the very slight movement, but it is so little that it doesn't seem to make a difference. but thats with 1 inch not 8 inch.

Dont know what else i can say mate sorry.

Nope this ain't working.

If you are facing the seat and put your hand on the top of the seats backrest, it moves 1 inch forwards. It moves 1 inch to the passenger side (it's mounted on the pass side) but it moves 3 inches towards the off side BUT put your hand on the bottom of the seat (the handle to recline the chair) and it submarines 8 inches easily, if not 10.

Your right mate, it does have quite abit of play in it but mine seems quite sturdy to how you explain yours. I'm not doing anything different, the buckle does seem abit to far forward but all in all its sturdy enough for me. Lucky for me, macey only gets a ride twice a week and its only a 5 minute trip.

• 2 months later...

Sorry to revive an old thread but I need to find a forward facing seat for my 10 month old. Read all the threads I can but just wondering if anyone managed to find one that is safe and fits in the back well. Tried Halfords yesterday but they could not find one that fits.

Is the Maxi Cosi Tobi ok as suggested here?

Found loads for the front (no airbags) but would prefer her in the back if possible.

I am having a nightmare trying to find a rear facing newborn seat for the rear.

We had a maxicosi fitted at mothercare today,and it was perfect untill i went to get in the front and couldnt get my knees under the steering column.

Still searching!!!