The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My supra's a write off :-(

fri3ndly

Did you eventually win your case then?

Nope its still ongoing, I got a nasty letter from her solicitors saying I 'pulled from a parked position into our clients vehicle' which is total b$ll$cks. How can I have done when I have rear end damage! Oh well...

Its up to my insurance company now

There's lot of advice on how to go about proving your innocence in an accident on here. Give the facts on what happened, she left the scene, called freinds as fake witnesses, was speeding, failed to stop for traffic ahead, you were turning right - with indicators on, yet she still didn't stop. It's black and white - she hit you - therefore it's her fault. Doesn't matter if you made an emergency stop or what, SHE HIT YOU, it's her fault, no argument. Also you have witnesses. I hope you took pictures of the scene of the accident as proof too.

Definately complain to about the way the police officer acted as that was unproffesional and unacceptable behavior.

Keep in touch with your insurance company as much as possible to enforce that you were in the right and it was her fault 100%... Becasue face it, it's true.

As for the car, I'd take the money and move on. You were selling anyway, see it as an easy sale.

Hope things turn out well for you dude.

Sorry about your car fella, only just seen the thread. That's outrageous what the pigs are saying and her solicitors.

I would try and buy the car back for less than they want and break it, I know it's a bit sad breaking your own car but you may end up with a bit more cash. If you need any help there are quite a few of us locally.

If splitting a car was profitable why does someone not buy it from you at over the salvage price?

Sorry to be harbinger of doom and gloom but I have broken a crashed Supra and have several mates who have done the same. You will get loads of interest, hold parts back on promises that dont come to anything, spend hours packing stuff up and then get shafted when parts are destroyed in transit and at the end of it will have a shell of no use to anyone and have to get it to a scrap yard. I should also mention all the lost evenings and weekends when buyers never turn up and the ruined driveway and pissed off spouse and neighbours. If you make any profit it would be lost in the effort it took you.

My suggestion is get the cash, its an easy sale and move on.