The mkiv Supra Owners Club

12v fuel pump mod questionability

Suprash

Did you start the car after putting the boost pipe back on and BEFORE reversing the 12v mod?

No, I did think that after, but we are positive its not the 12v mod being reversed thats the problem. The problem aint at the fuel pump end, its the ECU end.....

Why did the boost pipe blow? We are sure its becuause the ECU done what it is doing now, its killing the car, and when it does that Gav said that the VVT-i closes the thottle body as its fly by wire, that would have caused the brief build up of boost causing the pipe to blow.

• 4 years later...

Hey guys,

Not sorry to revive an old thread because good informative threads should never die :p

I was doing some research on the 12v mod and came across this thread, and I have a few questions..

There is a revised 12v fuel mod that uses a relay to retain near stock operation. With this revision, what are your opinions? Would you still advise to leave the factory wiring as is or does the new mod satisfy your concerns.

Also, I am curious to find out what eventually happened to Suprash car.

thanks for the replies.

Use the relay!! Otherwise your pump runs all the time.

I have heard of guys complaining that there pumps overheated/melted which seems odd I'm not sure if the ecu regulates current on the pump so am happy to take pointers on that. I am running the mod so far no issues