The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I'm going to tell you a (Long) story....get a brew. :)

Guest Ikari

We went to look at a Rover SD1 over twenty years ago, it was described as immaculate. Someone had taken a massive chunk of the dashboard with what looked like a chainsaw,we didn't even bother knocking on the door.

I had a similar thing with a Fiesta 1.4S many, many years ago... drove 50 miles with a trailer on the basis that it was "mint mate, really nice car" but arrived to find a rusty wreck with an interior covered in set concrete.

I wasn't best pleased.

I feel your pain! I drove down to High Wycombe the other week to view a car advertised for £2000 less than my golf was valued at on a large Golf forum (and £1000 less than it was advertised for). The guy promised me he'd take my car as a swap and even though he wouldnt MOT it for fear of me not turning up (sounded daft? MOT'd cars sell better?) he said he'd give me £100.

The Supra was fine, very nice car and in good condition. However the dealer (operating from home) started to find imaginary faults with my car. Like pushing the gear lever diagonally forwards and left and claiming the gearbox was fucked because it wouldnt go into first. Saying it wouldnt go into second and telling his mate the gearbox was "proper gay" (exact words). At first he was telling me his brother had been looking for this car for ages, then he started saying that he'd struggle to sell it with a fucked gearbox. Then he was saying that people buy cars like this for everyday purposes, and he doesnt deal with enthusiasts, even though he had several modified and lairy looking jap motors. Changing his story constantly. He started saying he'd want money his way and to be fair, after driving 4 hours in the pissing rain to then get bent over, I got back in the golf and drove all the way back home. Ended up spending close to £silly money on food (4 hours there, an hour at his house, 4 hours back) and fuel and being generally very pissed off.

Just goes to show theres quite a lot of people with mummy and daddy's cash behind them who buy a website and like to play at being a car dealer. At least I went and bought Kirk's (drifterwanab) Supra, which is absolutely fantastic.

Haha, you guys.... ;)

Thanks for all the advise and offer though, as usual, you guys are out standing on here. ;)

Sounds like a few of you have shared my pain, rubbish isn't it...I mean, as much as you try not to get your hopes up, its still guttening when its not how you thought it would be when you get there. :(

Oh but Budz86 was right, was a gorgeous day, and like I say....my Supra performed outstandingly once again.

God I love Supras....unfortunately though, I've decided that the old girl has to go. :/ So I'm sticking her on the forum today as a pretty good price I think.

The plan is now to down grade, then save like a nutter and get a R34 GTR in a couple of years....or a top of the line Supra, but who knows. ;)

Thanks again.

Ik

• 3 months later...

omg i cant believe i just stumbled onto this post.

i was going to look at this car this weekend as its just been reduced on PH. HIgh Wycombe is around 120 miles from me.

i sent an email to them before xmas asking a few questions about the car but received no reply

shame really the car looks great in the pics and probably the newest supra ive seen for sale for a while

thanks

Its actually an interesting read. I have driven lots of miles to see cars that are supposed to be mint only to find a bag of old bollox. One in fact from this very forum. You can ask a zillion questions on the phone but lets get real the only way to assess a car is to see it. I think now I would pay for an independent inspection prior to travelling.