The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Weight Loss from Heater Matrix

b.weeks

• 8 months later...
To confirm, is it possible to remove the heater matrix (and associated gubbins) without having to remove the dash (as long as you're prepared to destroy it whilst removing it)?

How long did the job take Ben?

Probably not easily no. I did it over a few evenings from memory. I just got my angle grinder out to get it out quicker :-)

To confirm, is it possible to remove the heater matrix (and associated gubbins) without having to remove the dash (as long as you're prepared to destroy it whilst removing it)?

I wouldnt have thought so, its massive.

How long did the job take Ben?

No way....

Just the way it is shaped and the way it sits behind the crashbar means you are more than likely to damage loom wires even if you were nuts enough to try do it...

Just take the dash, it isn't that bad a job.

I'd rather be cold & go a bit faster :D

I seem to have done this the wrong way round!!!! I have put the air con back in my car and added a couple of amps!!! Still when the tow bar goes on it will be nice to have hot or cold air when i want it;)