The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How Many Facelifts?

benkei

What is your Supra?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. What is your Supra?

Well I was looking more towards facelift because of the VVTi, mainly the RZ model too. But I wanted to know if the VVTi makes that much of a difference?? Say if I found a gem of an example, but pre, would it be silly to turn it down just because it doesn't have VVTi?

By no means is the Supra a slow car, so is it a noticable difference when driving? Is the car NOT having VVTi an issue for some people, or are they not overly fussed about it? Just looking to get thoughts and opinions of owners really.

VVTi's do have their good points but also some disadvantages if going BPU, there are lots of good reads on here with comparisons between 'pre' or not ,VVTi or not to help you

Am I the only one that finds that VVTi definition every post really annoying?

The difference between vvti and non vvti at bpu isn't huge, probably a greater difference between a supra with a decent condition intercooler and a crappy fally to bits one.

My advice would be to find a well treated supra that you're happy with, don't stress too much about the vvti, (but its a bonus if u do find a good supe that also has it)

Posted via Mobile Device

Yes I have :)

I agree with the pro's and cons too. I guess this makes finding the right Supra that much more rewarding!

According to the polls, the number of pre-s and facelifts seems pretty even! I'm quite suprised by this result! I was expecting a lot more people to have pre's...

Yes I have :)

According to the polls, the number of pre-s and facelifts seems pretty even! I'm quite suprised by this result! I was expecting a lot more people to have pre's...

I think there is significantly more Pre VVTI than VVTI out there it's just all the VVTI owners have responded to the thread due to the thread title.

I havn't had a problem modding the VVTI (details in my garage) and am running 577bhp at the moment.