The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bluewater \ Brands Hatch meet

monkey3

I know a few of us spoke about this a few months ago at the last bluewater meet (when we all got kicked out), well I've made some inquiries and basically, we can have a meet there.

There is a small clause, nothing to worry about, but due to the Kentagon not being open for everyday use we have to make sure that we spend a minimum of £250 (no payment up front).

They are willing to give us a trial run and based on the profits they make depends on if we are eligible to come back for future meets.

Dates available are:

Tuesday 23rd September

Tuesday 30th September

Wednesday 1st October – A novis track day is taking place at Brands Hatch, £99 for a half day and £199 for full day.

The fto forum are also very interested and I have someone posting this on the 350z forum as well.

Is anyone interested in this? :search:

I did think that, but other than actually going to an event, every day is now fully booked until Sunday 16th November now.

And even then, that date isn't shown on their calendar yet, so even that date could be out.

We could make it a weekend, but then we'd all have to pay for entry to an event.

It's normally £12 to get in, unless it's for the Truck Superprix (which is £17 in advance) or the BTCC (which is £22 in advance).

I'm just not entirely sure everyone will want to pay that much for a car meet.

Don't know that many people will be able to do daytime during the week, and as supra_surj said, not sure many people could go in the evening... :(

We can do a weekend, and these are the choices...

These are the website prices, but I can ask about getting us a group discount if there are enough people... (from this and the other forums)

Not sure the bike meets would be a good idea... ;)

Sat 20 Sep/

Sun 21 Sep HiQ MSA British Touring Car Championship

£22

Sat 27 Sep/

Sun 28 Sep BMCRC Bike Championship

£10

Sat 4 Oct/

Sun 5 Oct Classic Bike Championships

£10

Fri 10 Oct/

Sun 12 Oct Bennetts British Superbike Championship

£10

Sat 18 Oct/

Sun 19 Oct Formula Ford Festival

£10 - SupraPod

Sat 25 Oct/

Sun 26 Oct Formula Palmer Audi Autumn Trophy

£10

Sat 1 Nov/

Sun 2 Nov Truck Superprix

£16

Sat 15 Nov Britcar 'Into the Night' Race

£10

Give me dates people...

Lakeside sounds like an idea. Maybe arrange a drive somewhere after also, Hit a few tunnels, Or even just the dartford tunnel, Thinking about it, If we meet at lakeside, We would be on the wrong side of the tunnel so would only be going over the bridge.

Could find a nice place in kent to meet, Then all go via the tunnel somewhere in essex ??? :)

The fto forum are meeting on the 25th Sep at the wharf at cross ways:

http://www.shepherd-neame.co.uk/pubs/pubs.php/wharf_dartford

It's only a short distance to the tunnels and is quite a nice place.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&saddr=&daddr=&hl=en&geocode=&mra=mr&ie=UTF8&ll=51.453011,0.254137&spn=0.000998,0.001886&t=h&z=19

Edited by monkey3 (see edit history)