The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rolling road figures

Irvy

I think Charlie was talking to Irvy

Yup, I was

If I read the doc correctly you are showing 266 torque - your torque should be close to your BHP at the F.wheel. ie: I am 335 bhp at the F.wheel with 313 bhp torque at 5100 rpm. The lower the rpm, the better as this is the measure of useable power without having to change down.

The torque has remained the same for both power runs... therefore I am very sceptical about the figures because the torque figure is incorrect on the 1st one when it was standard - there was / is absolutely nothing wrong with that car so the torque figure should have been around 320lb/ft when it was standard rather than 266lb/ft. The torque figures on TT Supra's always seem to be very close to the flywheel power figure.

Irvy - You can safely run another 0.2bar of boost m8 provided you have suitable spark plugs, you'll notice a good gain on the butt dyno :)

Cheers,

Brian.

I think you mean 'at the hubs'

There seems to be a quite big difference between figures from Thors hub dyno and figures from a traditional rolling road.

eg my car :

350.5 RHHP at Thor Racing,

301.9 RWHP at Surrey Rolling Road,

When I went to Thor the first time 2 mates came with me with there cars (not supras by any means) and there results were no more than expected... in fact one was down on realistic expections. The other got a whole 5 bhp more than the last time he'd had it on a freshly installed tradional rolling road, whooopy do! Don't think tyres will factor in that much so 5 bhp isn't a bad difference.

Don't understand why people are determined to give Thor a bad name, never been anything but good with me and mates. And yes saying the dyno is way out IS giving a dyno place a bad name :(

The torque has remained the same for both power runs... therefore I am very sceptical about the figures because the torque figure is incorrect on the 1st one when it was standard - there was / is absolutely nothing wrong with that car so the torque figure should have been around 320lb/ft when it was standard rather than 266lb/ft. The torque figures on TT Supra's always seem to be very close to the flywheel power figure.

Irvy - You can safely run another 0.2bar of boost m8 provided you have suitable spark plugs, you'll notice a good gain on the butt dyno :)

Cheers,

Brian.

hi brian

knowing the way the car goes i was sure they were wrong too....the night we managed to get the second reading the wheels spun on the rollers constantly... ended up with me and another guy sitting in the boot!!...took many a try to get that reading...so i didnt put much faith in the printout...seems others are also of that opinion....maybe if ever i get down south for a meet there will be an RR that can do my auto!!

Irvine

ps - till i get a boost controller - am sticking with the lower number!! :sly:

FWIW I found that three guys 15 stone plus sitting on the back of the car (tailgate open obviously) was the only way I could get a reading without wheel spin. It made a huge difference especially on the torque readout. Will be trying a dynopack (think thats its name) hub type at the end of the month. How on earth do people with 1000bhp get a reading? an elephant on the back of the car? tyre softener?.

Also anyone know how to get a video from a nokia phone into a forum reply? (keep it simple as i havn't got a clue).

ps - till i get a boost controller - am sticking with the lower number!! :sly:

Not a lot of point m8 - the controller can only raise boost, not lower it. Boring the hole in the restrictor ring out a bit will raise your boost anyway.. repeat until you reach your desired boost level.

Cheers,

Brian.