The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Herts/Beds Meet - The Wilbury, Letchworth

broomie

I thought it was about time we had another Letchworth meet at the Wilbury. The date I had in mind was Sunday 14th September at 1pm. This will be 2 weeks after JAE so it would be a good opportunity to share any funny stories of what went on! :eyebrows:

My GF since having her mr2 has been to a few meets and there is interest on her forum to have a combined Supra & mr2 meet. I have met some of these people and they all seem decent enough!

Edited by broomie
time added (see edit history)

Hi Mate,

My names Joph (Jonathan), and have been on this site for about 3 weeks or so.

I aint gotta Supra yet, but am still in the stages of researching one before I buy. Just wondered if you wouldnt mind me popping along to get some advice first from people who already have one?

I've been in one of my friends twin turbo supras, and I havent stopped thinking about the experience since :) Proper crapped meself in it, but because I fear it, I wanna get one to learn how to drive it, and respect the power the car has. It will just be for the weekend pottering about and maybe go from there.

Unfortunatley I am no car mechanic, and dont really know whats even under the bonnet to be honest, so I need to know what im getting myself into before I commit. (Costings, Saftey, Upgrades, Mechanics of it all, peoples experiences etc).

I live in Letchworth (1 year) think I've seen your motor about on the odd occasion, really nice man.

Anyhows just thought I would introduce myself, and hopefully get some knowledge from you guys, I'm 32 and am a freelance designer. I would consider myself to be a sensible driver, so im not just getting this to wrap it around a tree!!!!!.

cheers

Joph

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let you all know that there has been a change of venue from the Wilbury to:

THE TWO CHIMNEYS

Stotfold Road, Letchworth, Hertfordshire SG6 4JS Tel. 01462 683654.

This is due to the fact that there has been a lot of interest on the mr2 forum and this pub is bigger and just down the road.

The landlord called Roy used to have a pub in Colchester where they used to have Supra meets. He was very helpful and has reserved parking and seating for us from 1pm. He has also given us free drink vouchers for us to hand out on the day. So if you turn up early you will get one of these.

Edited by rag (see edit history)