The mkiv Supra Owners Club

would you agree with these figures?

pezzler

positive, unless i have two whistling dwafves beneath my bonnet! you do have to admit though; a few of the new "hot hatches" are pretty quick. not that i'd own one. but quick. obviously top speed wouldnt be an issue but mildly tuned motors in a new hi-spec hot hatch would pose a threat. especially o-70

The hot hatch makers post the same bullshit quotes as every other manufacturer so don't worry about it.

It is possible to do a sub 5 sec 0-60 with a stock supra, Jake proved that, however its very hard to do again and again. All conditions must be perfect, sitting at the lights against some chav in a fezzer aint going to be a problem as he will have the same conditions as yourself. It then boils down to the car to driver ratio. The better the driver the lesser the car required to get a good launch. Supra's are pretty hard to launch as they are lardy, get one on the 1/4 mile on a decent dry day and you will have it licked. The trouble is when u get to the lights on a crap day and try to do the same, different conditions different tactics.

Drive safely regardless.