The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ever had one of those days where you want to cry?

marbleapple

Just before Japfest i spent three days polishing my car making sure that it is my first event im ever going to with the mkiv supra guys and i have to make it look good. show was on a sunday and i went to go pick up my little cousins who wanted to go the show with me on friday. it was like 10pm on friday night when i went to go pick the last one up and as i was turning into park i dont know how but instead of pressing the brake i hit the accelerator! Result was:- smashing the car on a big kerb and the entire wing and bumper smashed up (as i did a full one piece kit and the bumper joined the wing). had to reshape the wing, fix the bumper because it all came off and a whole load of fibreglassing and filing, then paint, then lacquer, then polish and then try and make sure you couldnt tell it was hit!

Japfest only a day away i spent friday night thru till saturday eveing working on the car. slept for 3 hours in the garage. loads of sanding painting etc. finished the car at 2.30 a.m. on sunday, slept woke up at 6a.m. and went to Japfest!

P.S. just to add insult, my shining spotless engine bay was ruined thanks to all the sanding of filler. all the dust went over my engine which took me best bit of 2 weeks to do!

Ouch! - I suppose you are fortunate in that you can fix it yourself though, which rather sadly I cannot.

I have been all over today to get quotes for painting etc. I am thinking of going a strawberry metallic red... unless people have other suggestions?????

I have already spoken to Gaz at Envy and asked him to source a Do luck front bumper and a pair of Veilside spats... just waiting to hear the damage (*prods Gaz*).

Im gutted for you mate:( You got yourself a bargin there. on the bright side though, you did say you fancied a new bumper etc though you might need to get it sooner then expected. I hope it all works out for you. I will be putting my bomex up for sale soon. It'll need a little work to fix a crack but pm if you want:)