The mkiv Supra Owners Club

would this work with my single conversion

123tom123tom

Guest racing fan
Interesting but the first box i had did this:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showpost.php?p=1848659&postcount=21

After doing less than 1000miles off mainly driving to work at 20mph and the second box which has just done the same thing has done even less! So thats 2 boxes at over £2000 plus repair bill for the first one of £975 which Michel Lane paid for and now im going to have to pay for this one! So from my point of view i think you have major quality control problem! And as a customer I am really annoyed about it!

Rob,

I do remember talking to Dusty about your transmission. I am sorry for what happened but the first step I must do in resolving a transmission problem is bring the transmission here for inspection. Upon inspection I can determine if there was anything related to our build which caused the failure. If there genuinely was, then I would certainly cover the shipping and repair costs. Generally however the issues are not related to our build and in that case I fix the problem the quickest I can and only charge the customer the cost of fixing it.

This item is a racing item and I promise I can get into any automatic Supra and break any transmission within a couple of minutes by abusing it. We cannot offer a warranty on it because these cars are high horsepower machines and they are tuned to the edge.

Rob,

I do remember talking to Dusty about your transmission. I am sorry for what happened but the first step I must do in resolving a transmission problem is bring the transmission here for inspection. Upon inspection I can determine if there was anything related to our build which caused the failure. If there genuinely was, then I would certainly cover the shipping and repair costs. Generally however the issues are not related to our build and in that case I fix the problem the quickest I can and only charge the customer the cost of fixing it.

This item is a racing item and I promise I can get into any automatic Supra and break any transmission within a couple of minutes by abusing it. We cannot offer a warranty on it because these cars are high horsepower machines and they are tuned to the edge.

Thanks for the reply, im not trying to be awkward about this or trying to show BL in a bad light. But with the price of shipping etc to get it back to you then again having no guarantee that the new one will be ok just seems like throwing large and amounts of money away. I can also promise you that either box has any abuse that would warrant a failure of this sort. Its again a seal and pump issue. I've have my supra for nearly 6 years and the car upto xmas was running the original stock 14 year box with no problems! It had done 20-25 passes on the drag strip and 1000's of miles and i "upgraded" to the BL for piece of mind that the bl box would be trouble free for years to come! What a massive mistake that was!

holly crap what do i do now, :rolleyes: i hear such good thing about them and now such bad things oh dear me...

Yeah its a roller coaster matey just be glad you not financially involved ;) or buy a second hand BL box that has been tested and is working or even better use a UK company to rebuild you stock one with uprated components and they would also have to offer some sort of warranty ;)

Yeah its a roller coaster matey just be glad you not financially involved ;) or buy a second hand BL box that has been tested and is working or even better use a UK company to rebuild you stock one with uprated components and they would also have to offer some sort of warranty ;)

That sounds like good advice mate, Did not realize yours had gone again, sorry to hear this.

like Rob i drive a Boostlogic auto box but unlike Rob mine has driven faultlessly for nearly 15k miles, dissapointedly i would find it very difficult to endorse the BL box due to Robs missfortune with them, Robs been in my car and i've been in his, he does not drive his car any different to the way i drive mine, to me BL really need to get their s**t together as they do have a basically sound product that when working performs very well, repeated failures on the same car though can only be a quality issue, when i recieved my box i was dissapointed in that all the cooler pipes and dip stick were uncovered and when i changed the sump (damaged in transit - not BL's fault) the inside of the pan did contain bits of debris :(, so in answer to your question unless you plan on a 800+ hp drag queen the TH400 would be a waste of time with their old design they have pretty big transmission losses that would be noticable on a lower powered machine, i think if i were you i would be looking at a 6 speed conversion and just accept the fact you are not going to launch quite as hard as a built auto :eyebrows:

like Rob i drive a Boostlogic auto box but unlike Rob mine has driven faultlessly for nearly 15k miles, dissapointedly i would find it very difficult to endorse the BL box due to Robs missfortune with them, Robs been in my car and i've been in his, he does not drive his car any different to the way i drive mine, to me BL really need to get their s**t together as they do have a basically sound product that when working performs very well, repeated failures on the same car though can only be a quality issue, when i recieved my box i was dissapointed in that all the cooler pipes and dip stick were uncovered and when i changed the sump (damaged in transit - not BL's fault) the inside of the pan did contain bits of debris :(, so in answer to your question unless you plan on a 800+ hp drag queen the TH400 would be a waste of time with their old design they have pretty big transmission losses that would be noticable on a lower powered machine, i think if i were you i would be looking at a 6 speed conversion and just accept the fact you are not going to launch quite as hard as a built auto :eyebrows:

Totally agree with Paul! The design base is good and when they produce a "good one" like is in Pauls its fine and fine clearly for years! This is what upsets me the most about all this! They have been in the game long enough to know that bad quality control can only lead to poor sales and hit the business! And with the way the market is these days and with all the financial uncertainty i would making sure that every product was 110% OK!

So perhaps your only option is to go manual! And leave the auto's for mugs like me :rolleyes: