The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insurance for Subaru's

razza

anyone know a company that isn't taking the p!ss for subaru insurance? Looking at a '98 Impreza 2000 UK model, with an aftermarket box on, sports cat, prodrive alloys and leather seats, ApexiPowerfc mapped to 270BHP, worth shy of £5000

Tried through sky (who my insurance is with), and couldn't get anyone to quote me:taped:

Tried confused.com and cheapest was £1000 with £700 excess:blink:

otherwise it was £1500 with £200 excess:search:

So....a car worth less than half of mine, with much less power, with soooooo many less mods actually costs me more to insure??? (and it's a UK spec vs my Jspec)

these companies must hate these cars

More trouble than they're worth IMHO these cars. Stupidly high insurance, high running costs, expensive parts and servicing, questionable reliability at mid-high milage. And to cap it all they really aren't that quick (the uk ones) unless you fork out for something with an sti badge on it, and they handle like a fwd car. My Corrado VR6 feels faster than the uk turbo 2000s i've driven! I'd much rather go for a Civic type-r than an Impreza.

Razza, I work with a chap similar age to you who has a UK "bug eyed" WRX - I'll ask him how much and where from tomorrow and drop you a PM.

He would whole-heartedly recommend (he has to me several times!) a Scooby - absolutely loves the performance and drive, and has owned some fair cars in his time (current Golf GTi, DC2 Integra, Boxster S) but the Scooby is his favourite all-rounder.

Having owned 2 N/A Supras and having been taken for a blat in this guy's Scooby, I'd be very surprised if a well driven Scooby would be beaten by a well driven N/A - I was very impressed. And (admittedly briefly!) tempted before I bought the TT...

Maybe I'm just a bad driver...or my N/As were dogs!! ;)

Razza, I work with a chap similar age to you who has a UK "bug eyed" WRX - I'll ask him how much and where from tomorrow and drop you a PM.

He would whole-heartedly recommend (he has to me several times!) a Scooby - absolutely loves the performance and drive, and has owned some fair cars in his time (current Golf GTi, DC2 Integra, Boxster S) but the Scooby is his favourite all-rounder.

Having owned 2 N/A Supras and having been taken for a blat in this guy's Scooby, I'd be very surprised if a well driven Scooby would be beaten by a well driven N/A - I was very impressed. And (admittedly briefly!) tempted before I bought the TT...

Maybe I'm just a bad driver...or my N/As were dogs!! ;)

teat drove a uk impreza and wasn't impressed, seemed slower than my n/a, as i say beat one but don't know if that was because the other driver wasn't so good. there are the same bhp.

anyone know a company that isn't taking the p!ss for subaru insurance? Looking at a '98 Impreza 2000 UK model, with an aftermarket box on, sports cat, prodrive alloys and leather seats, ApexiPowerfc mapped to 270BHP, worth shy of £5000

Tried through sky (who my insurance is with), and couldn't get anyone to quote me:taped:

Tried confused.com and cheapest was £1000 with £700 excess:blink:

otherwise it was £1500 with £200 excess:search:

So....a car worth less than half of mine, with much less power, with soooooo many less mods actually costs me more to insure??? (and it's a UK spec vs my Jspec)

these companies must hate these cars

Noooo!

Dont get a poo-baru! :(

What age are you? I'm getting quotes of around £300-£400 lol.

30, 11yrs no claims protected, all bar two accident, no points (god knows how though), live in a great area

teat drove a uk impreza and wasn't impressed, seemed slower than my n/a, as i say beat one but don't know if that was because the other driver wasn't so good. there are the same bhp.

this is going to be 270BHP once his mapping is done, so will win hands done over the n/a, nowhere near what I'm used to but will obviously handle corners better. To be honest I don't get to use the power as much as I'd like as I don't have the time to just go for a blast, and the missus hates the turbos kicking in and the screams in the ear tend to make me keep off boost:search:

I've just told her my plan and she doesn't like it, as much as she doesn't like the supe, she doesn't like the subaru's more:p and has told me to wait out until I get a cash offer instead of a p/x on something that wasn't my first option. I'm however seriously considering it as my mate had a similar one and it could be a good car, plus it keeps my promise to her....

30, 11yrs no claims protected, all bar two accident, no points (god knows how though), live in a great area

this is going to be 270BHP once his mapping is done, so will win hands done over the n/a, nowhere near what I'm used to but will obviously handle corners better. To be honest I don't get to use the power as much as I'd like as I don't have the time to just go for a blast, and the missus hates the turbos kicking in and the screams in the ear tend to make me keep off boost:search:

I've just told her my plan and she doesn't like it, as much as she doesn't like the supe, she doesn't like the subaru's more:p and has told me to wait out until I get a cash offer instead of a p/x on something that wasn't my first option. I'm however seriously considering it as my mate had a similar one and it could be a good car, plus it keeps my promise to her....

You sound like you're under the thumb mate...lol...:D ;)

So you wouldnt consider an N/A then?? :)

You sound like you're under the thumb mate...lol...:D ;)

So you wouldnt consider an N/A then?? :)

you can p!ss off lol!:tongue:

would consider an n/a as stated on my for sale thread, no-one's given me the offer yet though:search:

edit: It's also difficult as she doesn't drive so this is our only car

you can p!ss off lol!:tongue:

would consider an n/a as stated on my for sale thread, no-one's given me the offer yet though:search:

edit: It's also difficult as she doesn't drive so this is our only car

Touch a nerve did i...lol...;) :D

Yeh i would mate, you cant go wrong with an n/a...

Instead of annoying your missus with the twins...p*ss her off with the exhaust noise instead...:D ;)

Touch a nerve did i...lol...;) :D

Yeh i would mate, you cant go wrong with an n/a...

Instead of annoying your missus with the twins...p*ss her off with the exhaust noise instead...:D ;)

yeah, not worth the hassle lol!

as for exhuast noise she already gets that being a Nur Spec R and fully decatted:eyebrows: