The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Clutch, just let go, help & recommendations

jevansio

I had the Supe trailered down to MS yesterday, got some good news this morn from them. What had happened was the 2 bolts bolting the selector fork to the gearbox had sheared. The clutch itself is fine. They've replaced the bolts with some that have a higher tensile strength.

So now I don't have to pay for a new clutch I might splash out on a Greddy 3 / 4 Row & a new lip spoiler ;)

To be fair if i was you i think i would buy a new clutch

:innocent:

I would, but MS reckon the clutch is in great shape (it's only 1 year old & has very few miles on it). I will def be replacing it for a carbon / carbon though when the time is right.

Ah, no :(

Nice choice though, bit more durable although not as pretty IMHO :D

Gaz.

I'm going for the mean look :eyebrows:

Just been to pick the car up & it's like a different beast altogether, I can't remember it ever being this good since I had the Stage 3 put in. MS have changed the gearbox oil & clutch fluid too.

1. It's as easy to drive as Ro's Exedy Twin Plate

2. The pedal is loads lighter

3. Gear changes are smooth, all gears are easy to select

4. Reverse is now fixed (which was always bad after I had the clutch put in).

5. All noise is gone, when selecting gears & coasting down

I'm over the moon with it, it's a dream to drive :D. Now I'm getting a RMM front lip as a present to myself as I don't have to splash out on a new clutch :D

I would, but MS reckon the clutch is in great shape (it's only 1 year old & has very few miles on it). I will def be replacing it for a carbon / carbon though when the time is right.

I was trying to be sarcastic lol Was a bit late though.

I fail!