The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone Know A Decent Web Designer?

marbleapple

Hi all.

Some of you may (or may not) know that I sell old toys for a hobby.

I am looking for a web designer to make a new website for me from which I can sell the toys and just wondered if anyone knew a designer they would recommend?

I have a site at the moment but it is a bit run down so I am hoping to start again.

Amazingly all the web designers I have contacted are ‘busy’ and I don’t want to rely on people that I know nothing about.

I have created a list of things I want for the site. If you know anyone who you guys think would be able (and willing) to build a site with the below spec please can you contact me.

1. PayPal shopping cart
  2. Ability to have 2/3 pictures per item inventory
  3. Ability to update/add/remove products in admin area
  4. The website when uploading the pics compresses them (i.e. I can ask it to upload my 2mb camera pics and it makes then fit the site)
  5. The ability to change/update the site and its contents without the requirement of instructing a web designer. A few web designers I know suggested using Joomla or Umbraco (if that means anything to anyone!)

Thanks

Ric

• 4 months later...

Just bumping this thread as I find myself in a similar situation... maybe.

Any more recommendations /updates to the above?

Initially I'd only need something simple, but if things work out well I'd like to keep the same designer but expand the site dramatically to handling online payments, and a database aspect. IF things work out, that is! :D

TIA,

Steve