The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Realistic value?

Guest dogzzilla

Guest dogzzilla

On the hunt for spoilt mummies boys it is then! LOL The work required on front bumper was courtesy of a hare at 80mph!

I guess its a suck it and see situation!

Put it up for 10k, you never know, there is some proper dipshits out there:D

Realistic price about 4k imo.

It is true though - if you priced that 4 sale at £4,000 people will think its an old dog - a pricey car get people interested , espeically if they cant quite afford it - then when you drop it to £7-8k they will be chuffed at the deal, as will you be!! :)

Guest Nicholas
It is true though - if you priced that 4 sale at £4,000 people will think its an old dog - a pricey car get people interested , espeically if they cant quite afford it - then when you drop it to £7-8k they will be chuffed at the deal, as will you be!! :)

Sorry I don't agree with that £4k is what the car is worth imo provided it's in good condition. Remember it's an auto n/a. One of my friends picked up a dog of an n/a for less than £2k.

Put it up at 10k and your competition is 6 speed manual tt's so it'll never sell.

Sorry I don't agree with that £4k is what the car is worth imo provided it's in good condition. Remember it's an auto n/a. One of my friends picked up a dog of an n/a for less than £2k.

Put it up at 10k and your competition is 6 speed manual tt's so it'll never sell.

i agree its not worth 7k ish - however my point is that when people see a flash looking car with a fairly flash price tag they get the desire to own it, even if funds are limited.

you can then get into negotiations and reduce all the bunce you've piled into the asking price.

if its worth 4k maybe price it up at 5.5k and say near offer etc.

Edited by Jamesy (see edit history)

Guest dogzzilla

DamanC-I dont think your "you might find some mug who loves fibregash" is really fair. Fair enough its not TT but its a Sup built using quality parts from companies well resected in the jap scene aswell as much hard work on my part!

I`m not debateing the price you said as I really dont know myself-just the comment! (Could be something to do with the hours & hours I spent building it myself!!!!)

DamanC-I dont think your "you might find some mug who loves fibregash" is really fair. Fair enough its not TT but its a Sup built using quality parts from companies well resected in the jap scene aswell as much hard work on my part!

I`m not debateing the price you said as I really dont know myself-just the comment! (Could be something to do with the hours & hours I spent building it myself!!!!)

What wasn't fair about it?

I saw this at Japfest and when you first pulled in I thought it looked fairly tidy. However on closer inspection the bodywork was clearly in need of a tidy up. I think the phrase 'pretty from afar, far from pretty' seems appropriate.

I think in it's current state the estimates of 3.5/4k seem reasonable, however sorted out (and with the right buyer) there's no reason a few more k could be added :)

Guest dogzzilla

Agreed-As I said I built this myself on the drive with no experience of bodywork or fitting kits. I know the mistakes I made during the build & obviously an open cheque book & throwing it into a body shop would have resulted in a perfect job but it was built to a budget for a reason-2 young children,fu*+i*g

killer mortgage etc etc. The Skyline had to go but I wanted to stay in the Jap scene if poss instead of throwing the towel in & getting a Vectra estate,but still wanted to build & drive something a little different that I could afford to run. Although not perfect i think I achieved that. Ive yet to see another one.

Circumstances have now changed a little & I feel a Skyline calling or maybe the engine conversion-who knows.

Guest dogzzilla

Cheers-your name is down to help me sand next time LOL!!

On reflection it probably wasnt the best kit to try and fit on my first attempt but hey-in for a penny in for a pound!

Hi bud

Considering this was your first go at bodywork well done. Ive add a skyline turbo + previous to my N/A a 300 zxTT yes both pissed all over the n/a but you dont just buy a supra for speed. If your selling due to having kids the skyline is a better option. I would agree with the other guys on price around the 4K mark if your lucky.

Its a unique car to say the least :D