The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Coil overs

bmx1lew

how much did they knock you back, Im still waiting for you to take me for a spin I want to see what a single feels like!

Lew.

They came in at under £1k, ask Gaz for an uptodate price. It's ride quality I like best about them, firm yet not teeth shattering.

They were a bit more than £500 though Jay :D

But very very good though :)

The Tein's are the best budget choice IMHO.

True Gaz, but still they were a very reasonable price for the kit IMHO.

Apparently K-sport are not very good at all same with HKS so scrap them.

yes they are, but still better than teins;)

Teins are pieced together from various places in the east, not the best idea when they depict the way the car handles,

I'd keep stock or go tein if you can save a few bob, with that budget you dont really have an option to desire a specific setup, the 2nd hand market is pretty good though - but you can never be sure of the condition

My HKS Drag will be up for sale soon, but you'll defo not be wanting them, and any of the hypermax's e.t.c are pretty much track specific, crap for our roads

To be honest I might get these Megan racing ones they have really good reviews and feedback on the other supra forum, worth given them a try.

Jay I Knew yours wouldnt be cheap, you dam brand whore! Still you can show me what they are like, are they track coilovers?

Guest cj748

The 'cheapest' would KYB shocks from Fensport, £58 each, self adjusting and designed for lowered cars. G-max springs £85 per set, lowers 40mm.

If you compare this to coilovers, it is cheaper, BUT you have to way this up against quality, ride etc

The price of Teins and the like is pretty much as good as it gets.

Just find the ones you are happy with, and take into account how long you are going to keep the car compared to price.;)

To be honest I might get these Megan racing ones they have really good reviews and feedback on the other supra forum, worth given them a try.

Jay I Knew yours wouldnt be cheap, you dam brand whore! Still you can show me what they are like, are they track coilovers?

Lol, they weren't expensive though, JICs etc were coming in at well over a grand, a member called AJI also has these, drop him a PM & he'll prolly give you his opinion on them.

I find them great on the road, I've had other cars with coilovers and found these to be nowhere near as harsh, the best thing is to go out in it & see what you think, it'll give you a good starting point to see if you want something like these or not.