The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another new face

Guest tim_mac

right, well as you where saying i dont know how long i would have it for, i have wanted one for so long that when i get one i doubt i would let it go haha. well as i said an aerotop would be great, i spend alot of time in a little surfing village in wales called abersoch so an aerotop supra round there in the summer would look the bollocks!!!! for my first one i dont think i would do much to it performance wise, (dont want to kill myself by upgrading it to something i cant handle!)

but i think after a while i would be moving onto a TT and maybe looking to get a few upgrades for it when i get used to handling a more powerful car!

i like this site every1 is friendly and helpful,

cheers guys

There is not a lot you can do to the N/A performance wise it will get very expensive to get any decent power increase, most members go down the transplant route which for the price tt's are fetching right now i wouldnt recommend. I can guarantee you will be wanting tt power sooner or later. Although the n/a is not slow, 0-60 in around 7 seconds a lot of the newer hot hatches can keep up with it and can be difficult to shake. The twin turbo is a fab car and in my opinion the difference between the two is immense! if you dont mind me asking whats the most you can afford to spend?

Guest tim_mac

yeah i will want a TT at some point but only want to start on a N/A just thinking for insurance reasons.

at the moment i only have about 2 grand mate but i wont be buying one till after August so i have some time to club some more money together, and then if i find one i really like but cant afford it i will get a loan.

i am fed up of waiting to get a supra now so when i get the chance i will just get a loan if i have to.

Welcome aboard Tim. :) You're doing the right thing bud, research and a little patience will get you to the right car. As Nic says post the details before you part with the hard earned fella. Chances are good that someone here will know something about it.

Good luck.

Andy

Hey there, I got a black NA aerotop for £5k in amazing condition with 70k miles on the clock not long ago which has service history since import. So you can get them fairly cheap even in great condition. I'm 23years old and I found cheap insurance with Adrian Flux who let me modify body parts without increasing my price for insurance. I'm paying £1314, give them a try...

Guest tim_mac

i drove a N/A supra.

me sisters bf at the time owned a car body shop, he has a subaru impreza, audi tt quatro and an evo8 i drove them all for a few minutes and i have no idea what it was but the supra was the one that really stood out for me, the looks and the feel of it was amazing and thats all's i wanted to drive from then on.

5k sounds like a bargain mate! thats basically what am looking for but i am still un-decided on what colour i am interested in, am thinking red but am unsure.

some one mentioned elephant are good and other people have mentioned them aswell, i have never heard of adrian flux will look into that aswell tar mate.

i used to be always searching for info on the web about supras but always struggled to find information from owners and i stumbled across this website but felt a bit reluctant to join this site as i wasnt actually a supra owner but am glad i did now!