The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wellington Country Park Japanese Car Show 08

Schtuv

EDIT: Scratch that - absolutely p*ssing it down here now - thunder and lightning!!! :(

Yup - I just logged in here to post that too: Thunder, lightning, rain, etc. BBC Weather reports alternating heavy and light rain all day.

I've gotta head out for an hour or two, so I'll see how things look when I get back.

Yup - I just logged in here to post that too: Thunder, lightning, rain, etc. BBC Weather reports alternating heavy and light rain all day.

I've gotta head out for an hour or two, so I'll see how things look when I get back.

Same here. Waiting to see what the weather does in the next hour or so.

Well I went - and I saw Gaz's Black supra again ;) This time stationery with the bonnet open :)

I parked in the public carpark, got a bit stuck and needed a push to get out (lol) and only stayed about 1/2 hour as I thought it was a bit cr*ppy tbh - a muddy field full of cars, no trade stands (well, there was an american mag stand but that was it) and they tried to charge me twice at the gate! :(

Met up with Emin in Reading to swap over my HIDS to 4300k (thanks mate!) and spent the rest of the day cleaning the mud off the car!

I suppose I was warned, but wanted to go anyway!

I headed over for a little bit, too - I agree on the muddy field point, and they tried to charge me twice on the gate, too (for a chav girl they claimed was with me, even though she was miles away and holding someone elses hand). Fsckers.

Highlights would be the Veilside Fortune kitted Supra in blue and silver, and Corvette Stingray (1972, I think) ... and Gaz's Supra and the Mazda ('Jurgen Sourced') beside it :)

Typically I parked near the park entrance as there was space, and walked 500 miles (mp3 of the Proclaimers goes here) in the mud :(

EDIT: Perhaps next year it's a good opportunity to get some more Supras there - the Scooby and GT-R clubs managed a good turnout!

well I kinda thought that this thread would generate more interest - but seemingly not the case.

I saw 3 supras in total - the two already mentioned and a red NA towards the front of the show. Shame about the weather really - but hopefully japfest weather will be much better! :)

I headed over for a little bit, too - I agree on the muddy field point, and they tried to charge me twice on the gate, too (for a chav girl they claimed was with me, even though she was miles away and holding someone elses hand). Fsckers.

Highlights would be the Veilside Fortune kitted Supra in blue and silver, and Corvette Stingray (1972, I think) ... and Gaz's Supra and the Mazda ('Jurgen Sourced') beside it :)

Typically I parked near the park entrance as there was space, and walked 500 miles (mp3 of the Proclaimers goes here) in the mud :(

EDIT: Perhaps next year it's a good opportunity to get some more Supras there - the Scooby and GT-R clubs managed a good turnout!

It isn't a veilside fortune kit - is a Cool Kits kit manufactured by a fella called Roger I know.

I enjoed the day and was really pleased to pick up a trophy, despite the mud bath!

It isn't a veilside fortune kit - is a Cool Kits kit manufactured by a fella called Roger I know.

I enjoed the day and was really pleased to pick up a trophy, despite the mud bath!

Congrats on the trophy - looks like you had fun manoeuvring the car in to pick that up :)

Having checked your garage - I recognise that engine bay! - I'm attaching a pic I took at the show. I'm pretty sure *this* is a fortune kit ...

DSC00026.jpg

Congrats on the trophy - looks like you had fun manoeuvring the car in to pick that up :)

Having checked your garage - I recognise that engine bay! - I'm attaching a pic I took at the show. I'm pretty sure *this* is a fortune kit ...

I did have fun yes - bloody nightmare

I promise you this is a Cool Kits kit - this is Rogers proto type of the kit he is launching at the JTS show, this June. This is 100% not Veilside.