The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Partial or full respray?

simbasupra

Havn't had the Supra long and will definately be going to future meets but probably not this one mate. Want to get the Supra looking respectable before i go on any:). On future ones i will probably bring my mate aswell he owns a white UK Auto. Perhaps we could all travel to one together in the future? Due to i get lost easy on my own:D

See post 55. Andy kindly took a photo of my absolutely filthy Supra at the last Fleet Meet before Christmas :D

I'm all up for roadtrips too - kinda why I was asking about this weekend really.

Just thought that would make a good photo shoot with the three of us (red, white and blue):)

:cool: I'm trying to persuade JohnK on here to keep coming to meets even though his white UK single is up for sale now.

And as Pig says, bumpers off/windows out to ensure a good respray. Not that I know about them :D

I'm all up for roadtrips too - kinda why I was asking about this weekend really.

Yeah, shame would have liked to come but it's bad enough having a filthy car but worse when you've got a michael jackson wing mirror (hehe), two dents and some scratches. PM me if you're going to go to future meets though.

Yeah, shame would have liked to come but it's bad enough having a filthy car but worse when you've got a michael jackson wing mirror (hehe), two dents and some scratches. PM me if you're going to go to future meets though.

I've just signed up for JapFest, hoping to go to JAE and there's a possible Le Mans trip too :D I'd be up for the Chippenham meet on the 8th but I'm supposed to be going on holiday then. I'll let you know on any other more local meets as they appear.

Have bumpers painted off and both screens removed.... main thing, get the rear quarter glass's taken out. Some will say you cant get them out without breaking them. Its rubbish.

Spoke to the guy doing the respray today, he will be taking off the bumpers and taking the rear quater glass's out. However not the front and rear screens (he will be using lifting tape to get under the seals? Is this ok Pig?)

Hmmm, why primer? There should be no need to use primer again unless he takes it all the way back to metal. However if he is doing all of that for £300 TAKE IT. Just watch the quality carefully.

Also you're right JustGav, he won't be taking it back to the metal (i got confused) however will be doing that to the area that has been dented by the fence.