The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How do you get traction!

dannysupratt

I have no experience of driving other supes, and i bought mine with 265/30/19s on it.

Ive just had the arches rolled and moved up to 295/35/19s and i can tell you this much.

In the dry, the wider tyres do give a bit more grip (but this could equally be the different tyres)

In the wet the car is a LOT worse, back end slides all over, and mine is an N/A. I have to be very very carefull. I am seriously considering getting smaller rims for the winter despite loving the looks of the 19s.

Best advice ever, is to take it easy.

Why don't you learn to drive? 400 BHP is obviously too much for you. Sounds like another Supra death coming up.

Mate, that post's in poor taste given recent events.

Best advice ever, is to take it easy.

That's spot on. You can have the sweetest setup or the worst, but if you can't control your right foot, you're heading for trouble.

i was about to type "mine has eibach springs and there ok" but then i saw it was Chris W who posted... so to avoid looking stupid i wont....

oh crap

:D

Alternatively CW's suspension, installed and set up by the man. Then you know you're ok and it's just a matter of driving more slowly until experience catches up. :)

Oh and Falkens are mid range tyres. :)

fully agree with that, theres not much on here i find offensive but i think that cross's the line

:yeahthat:

I found RLTC to be very good when it was working. Now i have found that with the combination of TTE wheels (on CW advice), Tein Adjustable suspension and lots of adjustments in ride height and damper setting that in the dry/damm that the car is excellent. I am however going to replace my current set of tyres as well in the new year.

Also throttle control is very important ;)

Definately correct. Summer tyres do require quite a bit higher temperature due to their moderatly harder compound. So to some degree I would guess you would get higher grip on a dry road in the winter with normal driving where you dont get the tyres up to higher temperature.

Summer tyres do have difference in compound with softer tyres being some of the more special Pirelli tyres (probably others too, don't know which) at the cost of durability.